none
Unable to connect to Windows 2008 Terminal Server - Error 1128 when license server available.

Pregunta

• Currently have five 2008 Windows Servers running Terminal Services and are all part of the same workgroup.  The first server is also acting as the license server with 150 per User CALs.  The other serves were working but now fall with error 1128 [The TS Licensing grace period has expired and the service has not registered with a license server with installed licenses.  A TS Licensing server is required for continuous operation.  A terminal server can operate without a license server for 120 days after initial start up.].  Licensing diagnostics on all servers say they can see license server and no problems detected

viernes, 22 de junio de 2012 14:10

Respuestas

• Hi,

Is there any other error showing up in app logs or system logs? Have your enabled License server security group policy? Please try to add all RDS server to the Terminal Server Computer group on the license server, to see if this helps.

A terminal server that is running Windows Server 2008 cannot obtain terminal licenses from a Terminal Server license server that is running Windows Server 2008 after you enable the "License Server Security Group" Group Policy setting

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972069

Event ID 1128 — Terminal Services License Server Discovery

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775208(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Aiden

Aiden Cao

TechNet Community Support

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 2:22
  • Hi,

Please note that Per User TS License tracking requires that the servers be joined to an Active Directory domain.  You may still use Per User RDS licensing with a standalone server, however, you will have to track which people have been assigned a TS Per User CAL manually.

In Terminal Services Configuration (tsconfig.msc) on each TS server, do you have the License server discovery mode set to As Specified, or Automatic?  I would recommend you try with it set to Use the specified license servers and enter the FQDN of your TS Licensing server.

If the above does not fix the issue I would recommend you either a) join all servers to a domain or b) install TS Licensing on every terminal server and configure each TS to point to itself for the TS licensing server.  Again, if the servers are not joined to a domain you will be tracking your license issuance manually regardless.

Thanks.

-TP

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 9:59

Todas las respuestas

• I have done all suggested troubleshooting in technet,  I have network connectivity, licensing mode is same on all systems (per user), and licensing diagnostics say their are no issues.
    viernes, 22 de junio de 2012 14:15
  • Hi,

Is there any other error showing up in app logs or system logs? Have your enabled License server security group policy? Please try to add all RDS server to the Terminal Server Computer group on the license server, to see if this helps.

A terminal server that is running Windows Server 2008 cannot obtain terminal licenses from a Terminal Server license server that is running Windows Server 2008 after you enable the "License Server Security Group" Group Policy setting

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972069

Event ID 1128 — Terminal Services License Server Discovery

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775208(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Aiden

Aiden Cao

TechNet Community Support

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 2:22
  • Hi,

Please note that Per User TS License tracking requires that the servers be joined to an Active Directory domain.  You may still use Per User RDS licensing with a standalone server, however, you will have to track which people have been assigned a TS Per User CAL manually.

In Terminal Services Configuration (tsconfig.msc) on each TS server, do you have the License server discovery mode set to As Specified, or Automatic?  I would recommend you try with it set to Use the specified license servers and enter the FQDN of your TS Licensing server.

If the above does not fix the issue I would recommend you either a) join all servers to a domain or b) install TS Licensing on every terminal server and configure each TS to point to itself for the TS licensing server.  Again, if the servers are not joined to a domain you will be tracking your license issuance manually regardless.

Thanks.

-TP

jueves, 28 de junio de 2012 9:59