none
Routing and remote access logging to SQL server

Question

• Hi!

I am in the process of trying to set up SQL logging from routing and remote access on a windows server 2003 to another windows server 2003 which is running microsoft SQL server 2005.

What i did was i created a database named RRAS in the sql server and in routing and remote access i went under remote access logging and configured it, when i press "test connection" it says its successful. and when i check the local logfile i successfully configured i can see my connection attempts towards the RRAS. but in the sql database there's nothing, no tables or anything.

I am sure i have the right permissions going on since i have only been using one account for everything so far(created the rras and the sql database), the SQL server is operational(it has a myriad of other databases that are used on a dailybasis).

So i am wondering what component is missing? do i need to create the tables manually, is there a guide that tells me how to do that?

jeudi 23 février 2012 08:33

Réponses

•  

Hi Plindgren,

Thanks for update.

RRAS can only record its logs into a local file . IAS will help to record into SQL server and provide interface for connection to it.

Please take time to read the articles we provided in order to get a better understanding.

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Tiger Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marqué comme réponse Plindgren lundi 27 février 2012 15:47
    lundi 27 février 2012 09:50

Toutes les réponses