locked
RD Web Access default.aspx webpage pulling weird data that I can't find the location of

    Question

  • Hi all, it's nice to see RDS finally get its own section :)

    I have a quick and frustrating question regarding the rd web access default setup webpages.  The default page, default.aspx, pulls the L_CompanyName_Text to be "Remote Desktop Services Default Connection", but on my website it keeps coming up as "Enterprise Remote Access".  I've looked through all the .aspx files and other files that the RD Web could possibly be using, but on NONE of them could I find an entry that sets L_CompanyName_Text to "Enterprise Remote Acess".
    Has anyone experienced this issue and know where it's pulling its data from so that if I wanted to change it I could??


    Thanks,
    mardi 8 décembre 2009 22:11

Réponses

  • Hey James,

    Do you have the Connection Broker service installed by chance?  You might be able to change it in the RDS Connection Manager or you could try to edit the RDWebAccess.Config file in the C:\Windows\Web\RDWeb\App_Data folder.

    Tom
    • Marqué comme réponse JamesB24 lundi 14 décembre 2009 23:27
    lundi 14 décembre 2009 20:43

Toutes les réponses

  • Hello James,

     

    To customize the L_CompanyName_Text properties, please open the following file with NotePad.exe on your Web Access server:

     

    C:\Windows\Web\RDWeb\Pages\<Your Language>\default.aspx

     

    On the first few lines, you can easily find the related parameter “L_CompanyName_Text”.

     

    Hope that helps.

     

    Regards,

    ·         Lionel Chen

    lundi 14 décembre 2009 07:51
  • Hi Lionel, thx for the response.

    Unfortunately I've already tried that.  The line in the c:\windows\web\rdweb\pages\en-US\default.aspx reads "Remote Desktop Services Default Connection" for L_CompanyName_Text; however, my issue is that what is actually displayed when i goto my rdweb webpage is "Enterprise Remote Access."  I've tried changing that L_CompanyName_Text value and it doesn't affect what gets displayed. 

    Apparently the default.aspx is pulling its data from another location, or another webpage is being displayed.

    Where the location of this new location or the webpage file is what I'm hoping you can tell me. 
    lundi 14 décembre 2009 16:21
  • Hi James -

    Try opening both the C:\Windows\Web\RDWeb\Pages\en-US\login.aspx and default.aspx files and do a search for "headingcompanyname".  Whatever is immediately after that is the text it will use for the heading.

    Good luck,
    Tom


    lundi 14 décembre 2009 17:36
  • Hi Tom, in both files headingcompanyname has value %=L_CompanyName_Text%.  L_CompanyName_Text is set to "Remote Desktop Services Default Connection"
    lundi 14 décembre 2009 18:24
  • Hey James,

    Do you have the Connection Broker service installed by chance?  You might be able to change it in the RDS Connection Manager or you could try to edit the RDWebAccess.Config file in the C:\Windows\Web\RDWeb\App_Data folder.

    Tom
    • Marqué comme réponse JamesB24 lundi 14 décembre 2009 23:27
    lundi 14 décembre 2009 20:43
  • wow, never thought to look in the RDCB to see the setting.  But sure enough there it is "Enterprise Remote Access".


    Changing it there allowed me to change it on the webpage!!

    Thx Tom!! :)  That's almost 3 days of going crazy you saved me from
    lundi 14 décembre 2009 23:28
  • The L_CompanyName_Text variable gets overridden if there is a valid "workspacename"

    This code in default.aspx, around line 128

                string strWorkspaceName = objWorkspaceInfo.WorkspaceName;
                if ( String.IsNullOrEmpty(strWorkspaceName ) == false )
                {
                    L_CompanyName_Text = strWorkspaceName;
                }

    You can comment that code out and continue to use the variables.

    dimanche 14 février 2010 23:24