none
Server 2008 asynchronous login issues

Question

• I'm having a login problem with server 2008 sp2. I am trying to move from a 2003 enviroment to a 2008 terminal server so we can use single sign on. I am using a 2008 server sp2 with all the current updates, using windows 7 workstations as clients. The first login is slow (by slow I mean it could take as long as a minute) and the second is not (6 to 8 seconds). The 2003 server consistently logs in at (4 to 6 seconds). This problem alternates back and forth on the 2008 Server every other login. I know 2003 servers login asynchronous and 2008 Servers login synchronous. So I set Allow asynchronous user Group Policy processing when logging on through Remote Desktop Services to (enable) in GP. I think the 2008 terminal server is setting a flag to log in synchronous mode after if logs in asynchronous. I can see it applying the policy's differently the second time as if it were in synchronous mode even though no changes have been made. The 2003 server is using the same polices as the 2008 server. I can still see the Drive mappings,Desktop Shortcuts and Printers being applied every other time. The only temporary solution I have found is to set:

Computer Configuration - Policies - Admin Templates - System - Group policy - 
    Printer preference extension policy processing to ENABLE and UNCHECK Process even if the Group policy objects have not Changed 

(I can make this change for shortcuts and drive mappings as well, but the printers make the biggest difference during the login.)

This allows the computer to login quick evey time. I then need to run a manual gpupdate to get the printers to apply. The problem is, When I run gpupdate /force,  the next time I have the same slow login so I can't even set a gpupdate to run in the background as a script after the login. FYI: There was an old post with the same problem, but there hasen't been a solution posted.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

mardi 29 mai 2012 17:37

Toutes les réponses

• Is this logon slowness with domain users only or it happens with local users as well?

As for the slowness after the /force, see this article below.

/force
    Ignores all processing optimizations and reapplies all settings. The Group Policy engine on the client tracks versions of the GPOs that are applied to the user and computer. By default, if none of the GPO versions change and the list of GPOs remains the same, the Group Policy engine will not reprocess policy. This option overrides this optimization and forces the Group Policy engine to reprocess all policy information.

http://technet.microsoft.com/library/cc739112(v=ws.10).aspx

mercredi 25 juillet 2012 18:46