none
Windows 8 and WSUS

Question

• I have a Windows 8 machine and it has installed updates as recently as a couple days ago. I noticed that right now in the WSUS console it is seeing 22 available updates and they are marked for install. When I check for updates it says there are no updates. I tried deleting the computer from WSUS and it re-populated and it is still showing the same thing 22 updates and checking for updates doesn't show any updates. 

Am I missing something? I attached an image of the WSUS console showing the updates approved for this particular computer.

vendredi 26 avril 2013 18:06

Réponses

• I was able to figure out the problem. I recently changed the groups and the server needed to download like 100 GB of updates. It turned out the VM that has WSUS needed more disk space and after I made the disk the size larger the updates installed. 
    lundi 6 mai 2013 15:14

Toutes les réponses

• I noticed that right now in the WSUS console it is seeing 22 available updates and they are marked for install. When I check for updates it says there are no updates.

A couple of things may be at work here....

In the updates view, filter on the Approval Status = "Approved", enable the "File Status" column, and observe whether any of these updates have not yet been downloaded. (You can also check the Download Status from the root node of the console.)

It's also possible that these updates have been approved for group(s) that the machine does not belong to. The "Install" in the the Approval column merely means that the update has been approved for some group, but not necessarily the group(s) that will allow it to be installed on specific machines.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

lundi 29 avril 2013 02:15
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

lundi 6 mai 2013 09:04
  • I was able to figure out the problem. I recently changed the groups and the server needed to download like 100 GB of updates. It turned out the VM that has WSUS needed more disk space and after I made the disk the size larger the updates installed. 
    lundi 6 mai 2013 15:14