none
VMSMP Eevnt ID 28 Warnings

Question

• Hi All,

I am receiving several of these warnings in my system log.  I have checked seevral posts and have not found any useful information on how to resolve this.  It produces approximately one of these events a second.  It happens whether there is 1 VM running on a host or 5 VMs running.  It logs n warning for each VM repeatedly.  There are no MAC address collisions; all cluster hosts use different dynamic MAC ranges they assign to VMs and no two VMs are using the same MAC address.  There are no connectivity problems to the VMs themselves, just thousands of these warnings happening on the Hyper-V hosts.  I have 7 nodes in my cluster and no matter which host I move the VMs to, this just keeps occurring.  If I recall, this has been happening since the beginning.  I have 4 physical NICs divided into 2 teams.  1 team is for OS management and the cluster network.  The other team is used for VM traffic only.  I do not have an IP assigned to this interface and am using VLAN tagging configured in the HP Network Config Utility.  VLAN tagging is also configured for each VM in the VM settings.  Does anyone know how I can correct this?

Log Name:      System
    Source:        VMSMP
    Date:          6/17/2010 12:18:47 PM
    Event ID:      28
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      *******7.dev.*****.com
    Description:
    Port 'C36380C5-FAEC-4CA3-AEB4-98ADFD2214DB' was prevented from using MAC address '00-15-5D-C7-45-08' because it is pinned to port '8E59BE88-007F-4BE8-A25F-BC4316D98C25'.

When additional VMs are on a host the same event gets generated except that the MAC address is different and the 'pinned to port' is different.  The first port listed in the description is always the same on a particular hyper-v host.

• Déplacé Vincent HuModerator vendredi 18 juin 2010 05:23 (From:Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V)
    jeudi 17 juin 2010 17:37

Toutes les réponses