none
shared filesystem for Windows...

Question

• Does such a thing exist in Windows?  I'd really like to format a LUN with an FS that will allow multiple computers read/write simultaneously.  All of the filesystems I have run into are only available for *nix.

Is there another way I can accomplish multiple systems reading/writing to the same volume simultaneously?  Clustering doesn't seem to do what I want to either.  I want the speed benefits of iSCSI so Windows sharing is out of the question.
    jeudi 19 mars 2009 21:43

Réponses

• The only Microsoft file system that comes anywhere close to what you are asking for is Clustered Shared Volumes in the upcoming Windows Server 2008 R2 (Windows 7 server in layman terms). Even there, it only applies to vhd files.

There are third party products you could consider e.g. the HP Polyserve product. I expect those are pricey.

Dilip
    www.msftmvp.com
    dimanche 22 mars 2009 05:20
    Modérateur

Toutes les réponses

• The only Microsoft file system that comes anywhere close to what you are asking for is Clustered Shared Volumes in the upcoming Windows Server 2008 R2 (Windows 7 server in layman terms). Even there, it only applies to vhd files.

There are third party products you could consider e.g. the HP Polyserve product. I expect those are pricey.

Dilip
    www.msftmvp.com
    dimanche 22 mars 2009 05:20
    Modérateur
  • That's too bad.  I figured such a huge technology would be higher up on the priority list. 

I have a plan...

Whoever makes Windows compatible shared filesystem wins!  Start now!
    dimanche 22 mars 2009 07:33