none
How Can I install Windows 2008 Server HPC edition all patches by Offline

Question

• Hi every body . greetings !!
    Any one please help me on this . 
    We have 12 windows 2008 HPC Servers ( cluster server ) which totally isolated from internet . Some of the security reasons from client we are not allowed to connect our servers to the internet ( even in 1 server ) ,  but strictly recommended to apply all patches periodically .   
    But the problem is as  HPC edition it is very rare and   hard to get patches periodically by offline . As per my knowledge for WSUS server we need connect minimum one server to the internet , and also Microsoft not providing such option to download the patches instead of installing it like Redhat linux allow using " yum download only " utility .  Here I need  your help to find any way or method to fill this requirement , 
    Also I am ready to subscribe with Microsoft if there is option to get offline patches from microsoft site  .  
    >>> Is it possible to configure WSUS server in my  laptop / workstation PC  and download patches by online , then copy & load  this data base in our servers manually

Thanks by advance 
    Sirajudeen 
    mercredi 1 mai 2013 20:55

Réponses

• Hi every body . greetings !!
    Any one please help me on this . 
    We have 12 windows 2008 HPC Servers ( cluster server ) which totally isolated from internet . Some of the security reasons from client we are not allowed to connect our servers to the internet ( even in 1 server ) ,  but strictly recommended to apply all patches periodically .   
    But the problem is as  HPC edition it is very rare and   hard to get patches periodically by offline . As per my knowledge for WSUS server we need connect minimum one server to the internet , and also Microsoft not providing such option to download the patches instead of installing it like Redhat linux allow using " yum download only " utility .  Here I need  your help to find any way or method to fill this requirement , 
    Also I am ready to subscribe with Microsoft if there is option to get offline patches from microsoft site  .  
    >>> Is it possible to configure WSUS server in my  laptop / workstation PC  and download patches by online , then copy & load  this data base in our servers manually

Thanks by advance 
    Sirajudeen 

Only thing I can think of is from the WSUS Manual. It is called WSUS deployment for disconnected networks. Check out this technet article for more details.

Design the WSUS Server Layout

Hope this helps!

mercredi 1 mai 2013 21:01