none
WSUS does not exist in add server roles on 2012 server

Question

• HI,

I cant seem to find the WSUS server role in add roles and features on the select server roles page in windows server 2012. I am logged on as a local admin and it isn't in the list.

Not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jeudi 6 décembre 2012 00:54

Réponses

• Hi,

What is your windows server 2012 version?You need to install WSUS on the standard,enterprise and datacentre version. 

Also,Pls try to check whether it is RTM,rather than RC.

regards,

Clarence

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

mardi 11 décembre 2012 05:55
  • Is WSUS exists in Windows Server 2012 Foundation, the minimal version of 2012?

No! As Clarence already said, you need Standard or DataCenter editions of Windows Server 2012 to install WSUS. (There is no "Enterprise" edition anymore.)

And to be clear, installing WSUS on a DataCenter Edition would be a colossal waste of money, so from a practical perspective... WSUS requires Standard Edition. Period.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

mercredi 12 décembre 2012 01:08

Toutes les réponses

• Hi,

Pls open the server manager,and then click add roles and feature,click next until the select server roles page,you will see the Windows server update services checkbox in the bottom line of the page.
    Install the WSUS Server Role:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh852338.aspx

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

vendredi 7 décembre 2012 07:49
  • Heya,

Here is a screen shot of what i can see in the add server roles section.
    No WSUS seems to be there. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks

• Modifié Gzod lundi 10 décembre 2012 02:14
    lundi 10 décembre 2012 02:11
  • Hi,

What is your windows server 2012 version?You need to install WSUS on the standard,enterprise and datacentre version. 

regards,

Clarence

mardi 11 décembre 2012 05:55
  • Hi,

regards,

Clarence

Is WSUS exists in Windows Server 2012 Foundation, the minimal version of 2012?
    mardi 11 décembre 2012 14:33
  • Is WSUS exists in Windows Server 2012 Foundation, the minimal version of 2012?

No! As Clarence already said, you need Standard or DataCenter editions of Windows Server 2012 to install WSUS. (There is no "Enterprise" edition anymore.)

And to be clear, installing WSUS on a DataCenter Edition would be a colossal waste of money, so from a practical perspective... WSUS requires Standard Edition. Period.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

mercredi 12 décembre 2012 01:08