none
Can not connect to server after installing WSUS SP2

Question

• I have a Windows server 2003 R2 SP2 standard edition 32 bit, running IIS6 and all the web services and extensions are running well. Net framework 2 is allowed and working fine.

I've installed the WSUS 3.0 SP2 and even update the package  (KB2720211)

Then i opened WSUS mmc and got this error

cannot connect to <servername> . The remote server could not be contacted.

Please verify that IIS on the server is correctly configured and is running. Contact your network administrator if the problem persists.

Please someone knows how to fix this issue help me???

thank you
    jeudi 6 décembre 2012 07:45

Réponses

• Was the server operating correctly prior to installing KB2720211? (Most likely cause is that KB2720211 did not install correctly, but this is a very rare occurrence on a fresh WSUS server, which is why I asked if the server was actually working prior to installing the update.)

Here's the place to start:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sus/archive/2012/06/20/wsus-kb272011-common-issues-encountered-and-how-to-fix-them.aspx

Given that this is a brand new server, though, unless you resolve the issue fairly simply, I would recommend just reinstalling the server. Verify that it works properly prior to installing KB2720211. Then install KB2720211.

Of course.. it could also be something much more mundane... like one of the requisite services is not running,

• Windows Internal Database
    • WSUS
    • IIS Admin
    • World Wide Web Publishing Service

so probably should check the services before doing anything radical. :-)

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

jeudi 6 décembre 2012 14:13
    Modérateur