none
WSUS Rollup Interveral

Question

• Hello, I have a question about the downstream server rollup interval to the upstream server.  Does the rollup occur when the downstream server syncs w/ the upstream server?  I've run a manual sync, and the wsus reporting shows quite a few computers have not installed a patch.  However if i got to the Windowsupdate.log on the client, the patch has actually installed.  I do have the downstreams server set to rollup the information.  When running the report I do have it set to include "All replica downstream servers".

Thanks

vendredi 25 janvier 2013 17:24

Réponses

• Hello, I have a question about the downstream server rollup interval to the upstream server.  Does the rollup occur when the downstream server syncs w/ the upstream server?  

Yes.

One possibility i guess is that the client doesn't report to the downstream server instantly.So even if the rollup occurs,a few installed status is involved in the reporting.My suggestion is to wait the clients communicating with the downstream to initiate a detection cycle to see whether the reporting can be corrected.

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

mardi 29 janvier 2013 03:10
    Modérateur
  • Does the rollup occur when the downstream server syncs w/ the upstream server?

Yes.

the wsus reporting shows quite a few computers have not installed a patch.  However if i got to the Windowsupdate.log on the client, the patch has actually installed.

The reporting on the upstream server? Or the reporting on the downstream server?

The question goes to which of these issues is actually occurring:

• The client is not reporting to the downstream server.
    • The downstream server is not rolling up the reporting to the upstream server.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

jeudi 31 janvier 2013 18:50
    Modérateur

Toutes les réponses

• Hello, I have a question about the downstream server rollup interval to the upstream server.  Does the rollup occur when the downstream server syncs w/ the upstream server?  

Yes.

One possibility i guess is that the client doesn't report to the downstream server instantly.So even if the rollup occurs,a few installed status is involved in the reporting.My suggestion is to wait the clients communicating with the downstream to initiate a detection cycle to see whether the reporting can be corrected.

Regards,

Clarence

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedbackhere.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

mardi 29 janvier 2013 03:10
    Modérateur
  • Does the rollup occur when the downstream server syncs w/ the upstream server?

Yes.

the wsus reporting shows quite a few computers have not installed a patch.  However if i got to the Windowsupdate.log on the client, the patch has actually installed.

The reporting on the upstream server? Or the reporting on the downstream server?

The question goes to which of these issues is actually occurring:

• The client is not reporting to the downstream server.
    • The downstream server is not rolling up the reporting to the upstream server.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

jeudi 31 janvier 2013 18:50
    Modérateur