none
Help removing malware from the folder C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\ ??

שאלה

• Hey everyone,

So my problem is this--I've done a Spybot S&D scan to see if my computer (running on Windows 7 OS) had any malware on it, it's been running extremely slow lately. It found several cases of Malware with the following pathnames:

C:\Users\All Users\AVP 2009\

C:\Users\Application Data\SpywareRemover2009\

C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\utiledeprotection\

C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\utiledeprotection\Data\

C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\WinAntiVirus Pro 2007\

C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\WinAntiVirus Pro 2007\Data\

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Terminexor\

C:\Documents and Settings\Bleeping\Application Data\LastSun Ltd\Virus Remover Professional

As you can see these are all either in the folder All Users or Documents and Settings. I did a little digging around and read up on how these folders are actually junction folders that point to other folders. I've also read that generally, the folder "All Users" points to "C:\Program Data\" Upon digging around on my handy dandy command prompt window, I've discovered that the Junction point "all users" points to "E:\ProgramData" as shown in the photo below.

Certainly this cannot be as the my E: drive is occupied by a DVD drive, and so any attempt to access the junction point leaves me with a command message "The device is not ready.".

Can someone help shed some light on what is actually going on here? When Spybot S&D says the pathname for the malware location is "C:\Users\All Users\AVP 2009\" does it know that it's a junction point that is leading to nothing? Otherwise, can someone help me remove this malware from my computer through means other than directly deleting the files? 

שבת 18 אוגוסט 2012 02:20

תשובות

כל התגובות