none
Windows 2008 RDS Euro sign is not working via ALT-5

Pertanyaan

• Hi,

We have an Windows 2008 R2 RDS environment witch gets more populated each day with users from the old Windows 2003 Terminal Servers.

Today one of the migrated users complained that he could not use ALT-5 to get the euro sign. Alt 0128 does work.
    I discovered a Microsoft document witch states that the extended ASCII (127+) keys do not work in a Terminal 2003 session.
    It could be fixed in the RDclient, but we use thin clients from Wyse.
    The servers are installed in US English, with Dutch local's and US International Keyboard.

Is there a easy way to get this to work?

11 Juni 2012 13:11

Jawaban

• I think I solved it.

In a test Wyse config I added the line: LANGUAGE=us_int

Now I can get "a (becomes ä) and an ALT-5 (becomes €) in the Terminal Server session.

I'm waiting for conformation from the first user who is testing it for real :-)

Thanks for helping.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Rico Klumper 14 Juni 2012 14:43
    14 Juni 2012 14:24

Semua Balasan

• Why would you expect alt-5 to do this? The first 32 characters in the ASCII-table are unprintable control codes and are used to control peripherals such as printers.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

11 Juni 2012 13:34
  • Thanks for responding,

I personal dont want to use it. I always use ALT 0128 (from the time there was no Euro sign on the keyboard at all).
    But if you take an "normal" pc with windows 7 it does work with (left)alt-5 and even with ctrl-alt-5. They don't work on the Terminal server 2008.

We also did had it working somehow on the 2003 environment, so it is possible to get the code in the terminal session.

Kind regards,

12 Juni 2012 8:48
  • As far as I know that should be right alt-5 on us international keyboard only.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/eurosymbolfaq.mspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

13 Juni 2012 1:38
  • I think I solved it.

In a test Wyse config I added the line: LANGUAGE=us_int

Now I can get "a (becomes ä) and an ALT-5 (becomes €) in the Terminal Server session.

I'm waiting for conformation from the first user who is testing it for real :-)

Thanks for helping.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Rico Klumper 14 Juni 2012 14:43
    14 Juni 2012 14:24
  • Adding the line LANGUAGE=us_int did solve my problem.

Perhaps not the correct way to solve it, but it works for now.

14 Juni 2012 14:36