none
KB2718704 - Missing in SCCM and WSUS Catalog

Pertanyaan

• Hi All,

this month there was an Out-Of-Band Patch got released on Jun 03 and we have not got any notification from Microsoft and the worst part is the the KB is not available in SCCM and WSUS console after successful Synchronization.

we have waited for the June Patch Tuesday release to recheck the patch and still the specified KB is missing in the SCCM and WSUS console.

we have also tested in our LAB in fresh WSUS installation and Successful Synchronization still the KB is not available.

can any one help us and also is there any problem with Microsoft Alerting System, we have not received alert for both OOB and Patch Tuesday release.

Thanks in Advance,

SithaYuvaraj.

13 Juni 2012 9:20

Jawaban

• Kindly confirm whether this update is an Security Critical Update or Product Critical Update.
    KB2718704 is not a Security Update, it is a product update associated with a Security Advisory. You absolutely need to install it.
    As per our company policy we will not deploy Product updates.
    And, IMNSHO, this update is a perfect example of why that company policy is fatally flawed.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Product Manager, SolarWinds
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin

27 Juni 2012 23:09

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

Have you tried to search by the KB2718704 in the console to see whether it is synced to your SERVER?It belongs to creitical updates which is updated on 6/3/2012.

Regrads,

Clarence

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

14 Juni 2012 2:42
  • Hi Clarence,

Thanks for the reply.

i have also checked in the Critical Updates, its not visible.

Kindly confirm whether this update is an Security Critical Update or Product Critical Update.

As per our company policy we will not deploy Product  updates.

Thanks in Advance,

SithaYuvaraj.

14 Juni 2012 8:51
  • Kindly confirm whether this update is an Security Critical Update or Product Critical Update.
    KB2718704 is not a Security Update, it is a product update associated with a Security Advisory. You absolutely need to install it.
    As per our company policy we will not deploy Product updates.
    And, IMNSHO, this update is a perfect example of why that company policy is fatally flawed.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Product Manager, SolarWinds
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin

27 Juni 2012 23:09
  • And, IMNSHO, this update is a perfect example of why that company policy is fatally flawed.

+1
    27 Juni 2012 23:12
  • This update continually failed to be installed on home computer.  Have tried FIX-IT download and this does not fix the problem. Each time I turn off my computer, this download is used and fails.  What now?
    04 Juli 2012 19:37