none
How to "overrule" terminal limits set by GPO's in AD.

Pertanyaan

• Hi there.

So the thing is. In AD i've got a GPO that is filtered to only affect our Terminal Server, this GPO is configured to terminate RDP Session after 2 hours of idle time.

Now the problem is i've got an user thatconnect to the terminal server to display an status display on a big monitor in our office, however this user is (obviously) also affected by the 2 houre's limet, wich means i have to go reconnect it every 2 hours.

i've tried to make an GPO that sets an 8 hour time limit, and filter it to only affect the user that run's the status monitor software and enforce this GPO hoping it would "Overrouler" the 2 hour limit with one of 8 hours however this did not work.

So, how can i make it so that this specific user is not affected by the GPO that is set for the entire server?
    07 Juni 2012 13:43

Jawaban

• I suppose you configured the User Configuration side for this GPO. You can create a group and put those terminal server users in that group with the exception of that "8 hour user". Put this group in the GPO filter for the "2 hour session". In the "8 hour GPO" put the except user so only him will be affected by this policy.

Adrian Costea - MCP, MCTS, MCSA 2003, MCITP: Windows 7

My Blog: www.vkernel.ro/blog

08 Juni 2012 6:32

Semua Balasan

• You could go into the permissions for the GPO you don't want applied and change the "Apply policy" right to "deny".

08 Juni 2012 4:06
  • I suppose you configured the User Configuration side for this GPO. You can create a group and put those terminal server users in that group with the exception of that "8 hour user". Put this group in the GPO filter for the "2 hour session". In the "8 hour GPO" put the except user so only him will be affected by this policy.

Adrian Costea - MCP, MCTS, MCSA 2003, MCITP: Windows 7

My Blog: www.vkernel.ro/blog

08 Juni 2012 6:32
  • Hi, I'll go with your suggestion, thanks for the help.

:-)

14 Juni 2012 13:46