none
Data Integration Server 2003

Pertanyaan

• I currently have Server 2003 and I am getting a new server that does not support the same backup system I was using.  It was suggested that I use data integration to move the data to my new server.  Can I get some information on this?  Is this the best solution?
    28 Oktober 2010 22:00

Jawaban

• Hi,

Please contact Dell for a workaround since this is their software and they will support this. You can post in Dell support forums.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Reference:

Upgrade to Windows 2003 Server

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    01 Nopember 2010 5:44

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

What backup system are you using and what are you backing up?

-- Mike Burr
    29 Oktober 2010 1:02
  • Hi,

What is the Operating System on the new server? Do you mean migrating Windows Server 2003 to the new server?

Best Regards

Dale

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    29 Oktober 2010 6:12
  • I am currently using a program called Tapeware that backs up on 4mm data cartridges.  The new server does not have Tapeware.  I ordered the new server from Dell, my old one is also Dell, they no longer use Tapeware.  The gentleman at Dell stated that because it is a different program it would not work on the new server.  I'm not sure what backup program my new server has.  I have not received it yet. 

I am trying to take the data from my practice management software and put it into my new server.  I backup the data everyday onto the 4mm cartridges.

Thanks for any help

29 Oktober 2010 19:13
  • The new server will still have Server 2003.  I may mean migrating.  The data from my practice management software needs to be transferred to my new server.  The old server backsup my data on 4mm cartridges with a program called Tapeware.  This program is no longer available with Dell. They made the old server and the new server.  The gentleman at Dell stated that without the same program I would have to transfer the data in another way.
    29 Oktober 2010 19:17
  • Hi,

Please contact Dell for a workaround since this is their software and they will support this. You can post in Dell support forums.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Reference:

Upgrade to Windows 2003 Server

Best Regards

Dale

01 Nopember 2010 5:44