none
Possible ways to deploye patches on windows 2000 servers

Pertanyaan

• Hi Team,

I have arround 30 servers which are running in windows 2000 SP4. Could any one suggest possible ways to deploye microsoft security patches on these below mentioned servers. Currenty we are doing patching through Bladelogic in our enviournment.  Bladelogic not supported for patching for windows 2000 servers.

Regards,

Triyambak

Regards, Triyambak

03 Juli 2012 11:24

Jawaban

• hi thanks for the reply . I want to update microsoft security patches for windows 2000 server . For any reason there are lot of patches are pending in servers.

Regards, Triyambak

Since there are no patches newer than July, 2010, my suggestion would be to install whatever is already downloaded, browse to Windows Update and get whatever else might be there, and be done with it. Consider those machines full patched forever!

There is no value in exerting effort trying to find a patch management solution for Windows 2000 because there are NO PATCHES that are going to be available to deploy from that solution.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Product Manager, SolarWinds
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin

05 Juli 2012 16:57

Semua Balasan

• I have arround 30 servers which are running in windows 2000 SP4. Could any one suggest possible ways to deploye microsoft security patches on these below mentioned servers. Currenty we are doing patching through Bladelogic in our enviournment.  Bladelogic not supported for patching for windows 2000 servers.

Inasmuch as Microsoft has not released a Security Update for Windows 2000 since July, 2010 -- two years ago -- my first question would be about what updates you need to install to those machines that weren't already installed two years ago?

That will determine what options you do or don't have for installing whatever it is you're trying to deploy.

My second question would be -- You're posting in the WSUS forum... have ya tried using WSUS?

03 Juli 2012 23:58
  • hi thanks for the reply . I want to update microsoft security patches for windows 2000 server . For any reason there are lot of patches are pending in servers.

Regards, Triyambak

04 Juli 2012 16:06

Regards, Triyambak

Since there are no patches newer than July, 2010, my suggestion would be to install whatever is already downloaded, browse to Windows Update and get whatever else might be there, and be done with it. Consider those machines full patched forever!

There is no value in exerting effort trying to find a patch management solution for Windows 2000 because there are NO PATCHES that are going to be available to deploy from that solution.

05 Juli 2012 16:57