none
Terminal Server 2008 R2 - Using local tsclient locale/regional settings...

Pertanyaan

• Hi there,

I'm new to the forums and I've been hunting around for some answers to an issue that we have.

I have a terminal server which is used by staff in the UK, Ireland and Holland - when a user logs in, he/she doesn't seem to be presented with his own language/currency etc settings from their local workstation.  I can't see anywhere in Group Policy that it is defaulting everyone to use £ currency instead of the euro symbol for the users in Ireland/Holland.

Everything I've found online only seems to offer the ability to force eveyone to the same settings, which is not what i want to do - i would like to have the local workstation currency/language settings automatically come through when the user connects to the Terminal Server.  We are using Windows 2008R2 and 2003 for our Terminal Servers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

24 April 2012 10:02

Jawaban

• I have a terminal server which is used by staff in the UK, Ireland and Holland - when a user logs in, he/she doesn't seem to be presented with his own language/currency etc settings from their local workstation.  I can't see anywhere in Group Policy that it is defaulting everyone to use £ currency instead of the euro symbol for the users in Ireland/Holland.

Everything I've found online only seems to offer the ability to force eveyone to the same settings, which is not what i want to do - i would like to have the local workstation currency/language settings automatically come through when the user connects to the Terminal Server.  We are using Windows 2008R2 and 2003 for our Terminal Servers.

By default, it will load the setting based on your TS 08 R2. If the clients want to change these setting,generally speaking, they need to change the region and language setting as they logged on TS.

Another workaround is to use the Preference under the user configuration in GPO to change the regional options based on the users.

I also suggest you can ask in the scripting forum to ask whether there is a helpful scripting for doing this.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Clarence
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

25 April 2012 7:00
  • Never looked at the Preferences side of GPO, so not sure how this works (i'll have hunt around online to get an idea).  All of the users which are in different countries are all in the same GPO, so can you have multiple settings within User Conf->Preferences->Control Panel Settings->Regional Options, applied to certain users within the same GP or can you only set one preference and that is then applied to everyone.

As you asked, even if it worked,it is inconvinent for you to make the GPO of the region/language settings for each user,you may spend lots of time to sort out the situable region/language setting for the user one-by-one through the security filtering.  The object which preferences side of GPO is applying to is depending on the security filtering.

About whether the preferences setting is working well on the TS,you need to have a test.You can ask in the Group Policy forum to see whether there is more effecient way.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

26 April 2012 2:42

Semua Balasan

• I have a terminal server which is used by staff in the UK, Ireland and Holland - when a user logs in, he/she doesn't seem to be presented with his own language/currency etc settings from their local workstation.  I can't see anywhere in Group Policy that it is defaulting everyone to use £ currency instead of the euro symbol for the users in Ireland/Holland.

By default, it will load the setting based on your TS 08 R2. If the clients want to change these setting,generally speaking, they need to change the region and language setting as they logged on TS.

Another workaround is to use the Preference under the user configuration in GPO to change the regional options based on the users.

I also suggest you can ask in the scripting forum to ask whether there is a helpful scripting for doing this.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Clarence
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

25 April 2012 7:00
  • By default, it will load the setting based on your TS 08 R2. If the clients want to change these setting,generally speaking, they need to change the region and language setting as they logged on TS.

Hi thanks for this, we tend not to allow end users access to the Control Panel once they are logged onto the 2008R2 Terminal Server, so they would not be able to change the region/language settings...

Never looked at the Preferences side of GPO, so not sure how this works (i'll have hunt around online to get an idea).  All of the users which are in different countries are all in the same GPO, so can you have multiple settings within User Conf->Preferences->Control Panel Settings->Regional Options, applied to certain users within the same GP or can you only set one preference and that is then applied to everyone.

Many thanks

25 April 2012 13:54
  • Never looked at the Preferences side of GPO, so not sure how this works (i'll have hunt around online to get an idea).  All of the users which are in different countries are all in the same GPO, so can you have multiple settings within User Conf->Preferences->Control Panel Settings->Regional Options, applied to certain users within the same GP or can you only set one preference and that is then applied to everyone.

As you asked, even if it worked,it is inconvinent for you to make the GPO of the region/language settings for each user,you may spend lots of time to sort out the situable region/language setting for the user one-by-one through the security filtering.  The object which preferences side of GPO is applying to is depending on the security filtering.

About whether the preferences setting is working well on the TS,you need to have a test.You can ask in the Group Policy forum to see whether there is more effecient way.

26 April 2012 2:42
  • Hi,

I use only computer policy . what can ı do. can ı use computer policy ?  I want to set 

Using local tsclient locale/regional settings Turkish

14 Juni 2012 17:51