none
How do I setup live stream from a Polycom?

Domanda

• Hi

I have a Polycom VSX 8000. I want to direct the Polycom's stream to our Windows Media Server.

Anyone knows if this is possible and how?

Thanks

Regards Andre Thompson
    martedì 4 ottobre 2011 13:37

Risposte

•  Andre,

Well if you have a spare unit to connect the encoder to then you can call the other Polycom you want to stream from then start encoding after the call is placed. I have a dedicated Polycom to make the connection. The Polycom Appliance (box) is mounted in the ceiling or just the camera and mics?

If your Polycom is in a classroom or conference room you would have to run some cables to enable the connection.

• Contrassegnato come risposta AndreThompson martedì 3 aprile 2012 13:51
    martedì 3 aprile 2012 13:43

Tutte le risposte

• You could try to put a capture device (eg, a capture card) between the Polycom audio/video outputs and an encoder, then have the encoder delivers its output to a publishing point on the Windows Media server.

martedì 25 ottobre 2011 16:29
  • Did you get it to work? I have been doing this since 2006.

I could offer some insight if you still have the issue.

lunedì 2 aprile 2012 14:45
  • Hi gpowell1

No I did not get it to work. Yes please! Your offer is most welcome!

Regards Andre Thompson

lunedì 2 aprile 2012 14:48
  • Andre,

I done it with the VSX 7000 and with new HDX system.

I have a dedicated VSX 7000 connected to a encoding computer. Are you looking to capture just the video  (talking head) or do you want to capture content as well?

Capture 1) Just you will need a capture card in the encoding computer I use an Osprey-230 Video capture card. It has an S-Video input which I use one of the S-Video outs from the VSX 7000 to connect. From that point you can use any encoding software to create the stream.

Capture 2) same as capture 1 but you have a second video card to capture the content and connected to the VGA out of the Polycom and I use a Vision RGB capture card for VGA imputs.

You can use other types of video cards with the proper inputs, these paricular cards came with encoding/capture system from Accordent which Polycom now owns. 

If you need more information let me know.

• Proposto come risposta gpowell1 martedì 3 aprile 2012 13:53
    martedì 3 aprile 2012 13:22
  • hi gpowell1

I will see if I can do this.

However my Polycoms are mounted in areas such as ceilings, etc and it would be nice to get the stream over the network instead of directly connecting to it.

Thanks very much though, this is further than I have gotten to date.

- Andre

Regards Andre Thompson

martedì 3 aprile 2012 13:28
  •  Andre,

Well if you have a spare unit to connect the encoder to then you can call the other Polycom you want to stream from then start encoding after the call is placed. I have a dedicated Polycom to make the connection. The Polycom Appliance (box) is mounted in the ceiling or just the camera and mics?

If your Polycom is in a classroom or conference room you would have to run some cables to enable the connection.

• Contrassegnato come risposta AndreThompson martedì 3 aprile 2012 13:51
    martedì 3 aprile 2012 13:43
  • Hi gpowell1

That actually is a brilliant workaround!

Regards Andre Thompson

martedì 3 aprile 2012 13:50
  • Well let me know how it turns out for you. Perhaps we can conference after you try it out. 
    martedì 3 aprile 2012 13:56
  • Would you be interested in chatting offline about your setup for streaming. I work in a university setting and we would like to be able to set something like this up. We're in the initial phases of this so we have nothing to work wioth other than our current polycom infrastructure, which is pretty extensice.

Thanks,

Christopher

martedì 31 luglio 2012 15:28
  • Sure drop me a line sorry for the delay I just found your message.

Have you made any headway on your project?

Gary Powell

lunedì 7 gennaio 2013 20:54
  • andre,

Have you had a chance to try out this configuration?

Gary Powell

lunedì 7 gennaio 2013 20:55