none
Need help with DFS using 3 DC's, which DC manages root domain namespace?

Domanda

• Ok so i'm fairly new to this organization and i'm trying to implement DFS. Here is the current setup:

DC01 -> Main DC / DFS Namespace+Replication (Installed by default for SYSVOL/NETLOGON)

DC02 -> Secondary DC / NO DFS

DC03 - > DFS Namespace (Installed by me to create DEPTS\HOME\PUBLIC etc,.)

When I go to domain.local all I see is NETLOGON and SYSVOL, so how do I get the namespaces on DC03 to show up? I only see them when I navigate to to \\DC03, so is it using DC01 by default?

Thanks

venerdì 7 dicembre 2012 17:42

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

What's the DFS namespace? For example it should be \\domain.local\root (the root is a name when you creating a DFS namespace). So accessing that namespace will help you get the root you need.

When accessing \\domain.local you are actually accessing a server (DC01 in your case) which is configged in DNS.

For further information about this question, you could refer to the "Referral Process for Domain-based Namespaces" part in following article:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782417(v=ws.10).aspx

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

lunedì 10 dicembre 2012 12:31
    Moderatore
  • Hello,

I don't think there is a root? There are no namespaces on DC01

on DC03 I created DEPTS, PUBLIC and HOME all as root namespaces

I'm only testing so I created one shared replicated folder called "Marketing" in DEPTS namespace but no point using it until it shows up properly

P.S - Also I see DFS Namespace/Replication running on DC01/DC02 but there is no GUI, isnt that installed automatically?
    • Modificato Guldaen lunedì 10 dicembre 2012 21:22
    lunedì 10 dicembre 2012 21:07
  • \\domain.local is a server --- it does not related to DFS but DNS. Please check your DNS setting and you will find it. Ping \\domain.local will show the IP of your DC01 too.

For DFS replication between DC01 and DC02, it should be AD replication (sysvol and netlogon folders).

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

venerdì 14 dicembre 2012 15:51
    Moderatore