none
Server 2008 R2 media services programming in Visual Studio(can not import reference in NET or COM)

Domanda

• Hello

I installed media services at Server 2008 R2 and all functions are in usual.

And I can see the "Microsoft.WindowsMediaServices.DLL" and "WMSServerTypeLib.dll" in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\windows media\server" folder.

But when I use both Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 to "add reference" can not find them even the folder.

I've been developed server 2003 media services for years.

My programs can not run in server 2008 if I can not replace those two references.

mercoledì 15 febbraio 2012 02:02

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• Try copying those DLLs into your project folder.  Since Visual Studio is a 32 bit application it cannot see the system32 folder and gets redirected by Windows to the syswow64 folder.  Of course the .\windows media\server folder is only under system32, not syswow64, so Visual Studio cannot see it.  Alternatively you can install the Windows SDK and use the DLLs from there.
    mercoledì 15 febbraio 2012 19:00
    Proprietario
  • Thanks for reply

I followed your way to alternate my program.

copy the DLLs into my project.

I can see all DLLs,but when I import those DLLs into my project.

It shows error message as follow:

Even I change my program to X86

The error message is same. The funny thing is 2008 DLLs can be inclue into my program when I change to server 2003 os with Visual studio 2008?! What should I do next?  

giovedì 16 febbraio 2012 02:46
  • Instead try installing the Windows SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8279 and using the DLLs that are included from there.
    martedì 4 settembre 2012 15:35
    Proprietario