none
Creating Second Server Name MAC Shares

Domanda

• I have a 2008 server, named server x, i want to create shares on this server for my mac clients presented as server y but also leave server x in tact. Is this just a simple DNS entry?

Thanks.

martedì 18 giugno 2013 14:46

Risposte

• Hi.

You can have multiple names for a server but that does not give the different server different shares. All shares will be shared between both primary name and alias.

To create a alias for the server you could either do registry changes for the LanManServer service, search for "OptionalNames LanmanServer" in a popular searchengine. Or just add the alias to the server, and then reboot the server. This will satisfy Windows, if the Mac has any strange preferences im not really sure of.

netdom computername <servername> /add:<FQDN.aliasname>

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Even if you are not the author of a thread you can always help others by voting as Helpful. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Oscar Virot

• Contrassegnato come risposta MS MANZIER venerdì 21 giugno 2013 16:37
    martedì 18 giugno 2013 19:54