none
DFS question: What does "Set Active" mean on the DFS tab in windows server 2008

Domanda

• When I logged into server and went to the DFS tab to check and see if it was replicating between two of the different shares. I saw one share marked as "Active"  What does that mean?

I also seen a button that said "Set Active"  I am guessing its related to my above question.

I am guessing its the root?  The directory that others pull from or something?   I tried to google that all over and could not find anything specific to this question which I found very odd.

mercoledì 1 maggio 2013 17:49

Risposte

• If you have multiple folder targets in the namespace then the 'Set Active' button is how you change the current referral (at a client level).  Only enabled folder targets will be listed.  Users can choose a different server if they wish (maybe for performance reasons).

• Modificato Dai Webb giovedì 2 maggio 2013 07:37
    • Contrassegnato come risposta wilder7bc giovedì 2 maggio 2013 16:20
    giovedì 2 maggio 2013 06:30

Tutte le risposte

• If you have multiple folder targets in the namespace then the 'Set Active' button is how you change the current referral (at a client level).  Only enabled folder targets will be listed.  Users can choose a different server if they wish (maybe for performance reasons).

• Modificato Dai Webb giovedì 2 maggio 2013 07:37
    • Contrassegnato come risposta wilder7bc giovedì 2 maggio 2013 16:20
    giovedì 2 maggio 2013 06:30
  • As Dai said, it is a quick way to manually change the current referral target.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

venerdì 3 maggio 2013 09:09
  • Hi Dai\Shaon,

How do we do this using command line, while the DFS tab is missing in the properties of a DFS folder?

mercoledì 26 marzo 2014 02:35