none
How to install KB2734608 if i have KB 2720211 alreday installed

Domanda

• Hi,

I have Windows Server Update Services 3.0 Service Pack 2 in my office, and some server 2012 and win 8.

i want to fix the problem that wsus dosent see those OS correct.

i have already installed KB2720211 on my wsus server, when i try to install the new kb2734608 the install fail and my wsus didnt open more after.

i had backup, and i came back...

but How i can installed this update without poreblems??

TNX

domenica 10 febbraio 2013 08:49

Risposte

• I have figured out the issue here (at least in my case). After exmaining C:\Users\<USER ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\Temp\MWusCa.log I found that the installer could not wirte changes to the database because I have mirroring enabled. I disabled mirroring and tried again and the install was successfull.

lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 23:48

Tutte le risposte

• Am 10.02.2013 schrieb ShlomiY:

i have already installed KB2720211 on my wsus server, when i try to install the new kb2734608 the install fail and my wsus didnt open more after.

Get you a error message? Pls post the exact error message. Have a look
    in eventviewer. Start > run > eventvwr.msc [ENTER].

Winfried

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb332157.aspx
    http://www.wsuswiki.com/Home

domenica 10 febbraio 2013 10:56
  • Hello,

I am having this same issue. The text from event viewer is as follows:

Product: Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 - Update 'Hotfix for Widows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 (KB2734608)' could not be installed. Error code 1603. Additional information is available in the log file C:\MySetup.log.

I have the MySetup logfile if needed. to clarify i have installed KB2720211 and after trying to install kb273460 using the method stated on the Microsoft download page I can no longer launch the snap in on the WSUS server itself but can connect to it using a snapin on another machine.

lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 06:22
  • Hi,

try to change this regkey:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Update Services\Server\Setup]

Set it to 0 and try again.

Kind regards,

Tim
    MCITP, MCTS
    http://directoryadmin.blogspot.com

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

"If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"

• Proposto come risposta jreviere martedì 27 agosto 2013 14:15
    lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 11:55
  • There are a lot of options, what do I need to change exactly?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Update Services\Server\Setup]

lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 12:44
  • wYukonInstalled

Kind regards,

Tim
    MCITP, MCTS
    http://directoryadmin.blogspot.com

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

"If this thread answered your question, please click on "Mark as Answer"

lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 13:19
  • Its already in - Value Data: 0       Base: Hexadecimal

lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 13:46
  • Same issue here, this key is currently configured as 0

lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 21:45
  • If it helps, I have had a look through the mysetup.log file and think I have figured out where it all seems to go wrong:

MSI (s) (F4:28) [16:37:26:276]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=ExConfigureDb,Description=Configuring the database,)
    MSI (s) (F4:28) [16:37:26:276]: Executing op: CustomActionSchedule(Action=ExConfigureDb,ActionType=5122,Source=BinaryData,Target=-S <SQL SERVER> -F SUSDB -i "c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\CreateDatabase.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\mwus_database_schema.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ServerSync.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ClientWebService.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\Setup.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\Reporting.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ReportingSummarization.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ReportingRollup.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\AdminAPI.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\popdb.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\EvtNamespaceImport.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\SqlSettings.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\Inventory.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\PublicViews.sql" -l "C:\Users\<USER ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\Temp\MWusCa.log",)
    MSI (s) (F4:28) [16:37:28:428]: Note: 1: 1722 2: ExConfigureDb 3: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI6C2E.tmp 4: -S <SQL SERVER> -F SUSDB -i "c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\CreateDatabase.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\mwus_database_schema.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ServerSync.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ClientWebService.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\Setup.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\Reporting.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ReportingSummarization.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ReportingRollup.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\AdminAPI.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\popdb.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\EvtNamespaceImport.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\SqlSettings.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\Inventory.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\PublicViews.sql" -l "C:\Users\<USER ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\Temp\MWusCa.log"
    CustomAction ExConfigureDb returned actual error code 1 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
    MSI (s) (F4:28) [16:37:28:429]:
    Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action ExConfigureDb, location: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI6C2E.tmp, command: -S <SQL SERVER> -F SUSDB -i "c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\CreateDatabase.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\mwus_database_schema.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ServerSync.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ClientWebService.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\Setup.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\Reporting.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ReportingSummarization.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\ReportingRollup.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\AdminAPI.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\popdb.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\EvtNamespaceImport.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\SqlSettings.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\Inventory.sql;c:\Program Files\Update Services\Database\PublicViews.sql" -l "C:\Users\<USER ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\Temp\MWusCa.log"
    MSI (s) (F4:28) [16:37:28:437]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
    MSI (s) (F4:28) [16:37:28:437]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0
    Action ended 16:37:28: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

It seems to all go wrong when attempting to update the database, but there are no permissions issues reported here or recorded on the server. The account in question has temporarily been assigned the sysadmin role on this server.

lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 22:19
  • I have figured out the issue here (at least in my case). After exmaining C:\Users\<USER ACCOUNT>\AppData\Local\Temp\MWusCa.log I found that the installer could not wirte changes to the database because I have mirroring enabled. I disabled mirroring and tried again and the install was successfull.

lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 23:48