none
RemoteApp disappears from the taskbar if minimized

Domanda

• Hi,

I have a problem with remoteapp. The minimized remoteapp disappear from taskbar in both Windows XP and Windows 7 clients randomly.

I am hosing Delphi 5 based remoteapp application.

I have noticed that if the remoteapp application is minimized and working on any other programs like firefox of msword, first the remoteapp disappears from clients taskbar and then mstsc will be closes from the taskmanager process list.I have checked the Remoteapp server tsmanager.msc and find that the user is in disconnected state and if the user reconnects he is get back the same session he was using. I am using Windows 2008 R2+SP1.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

martedì 20 marzo 2012 13:44

Risposte

• Hi

The above issue has been resolved by launching .Net application and it will then call the Delphi 5 based application.So for the end user will get 2 apps. :)

Thanks

Vinu

• Contrassegnato come risposta Vinutp venerdì 23 marzo 2012 05:15
    venerdì 23 marzo 2012 05:15

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

On your RDSH server please enable RD Keepalives and restart for the change to take effect.  You may do this by opening gpedit.msc, in the left pane navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Connections, in the middle pane double-click to change the setting:

Configure keep-alive connection interval     Enabled

Keep-Alive Interval: 1

Thanks.

-TP

martedì 20 marzo 2012 13:54
    Moderatore
  • Hi TP,

Can you please let me know, if the i enable Configure keep-alive in the server. Does it affect Disconnection time out or idle timeout?

Thanks in advance.

Vinu

martedì 20 marzo 2012 14:04
  • Hi Vinu,

Server-side RD Keep Alives do not affect timeouts.  In many cases there is a router between the RDSH server and the client that sees no activity and terminates the session during idle periods, for example after 10-15 minutes.  This results in the RDS session being disconnected on the server.  Having RD Keepalives enabled usually will prevent this scenario.

-TP

martedì 20 marzo 2012 14:12
    Moderatore
  • Thanks TP,

I have made the changed in the server. Since the servers are in the production environment we will be able to restart our server only by tomorrow morning. I will update you the results by tomorrow morning.

I confirm that this happens only with Delphi 5 application. Please help

Thanks for your help.

Vinu

• Modificato Vinutp mercoledì 21 marzo 2012 11:40 ok
    martedì 20 marzo 2012 14:15
  • Hi

The above issue has been resolved by launching .Net application and it will then call the Delphi 5 based application.So for the end user will get 2 apps. :)

Thanks

Vinu

• Contrassegnato come risposta Vinutp venerdì 23 marzo 2012 05:15
    venerdì 23 marzo 2012 05:15
  • Hi,

We had the same thing, try this before Application.Run in the project file of your Delphi app...

procedure DisableProcessWindowsGhosting;
    var DisableProc: Procedure;
    begin
      @DisableProc := GetProcAddress(GetModuleHandle('user32.dll'), 'DisableProcessWindowsGhosting');
      if @DisableProc <> nil then DisableProc;
    end;

Also make sure your app is TSAWARE, put...

{$SetPEOptFlags IMAGE_DLLCHARACTERISTICS_TERMINAL_SERVER_AWARE}

...before the resource reference "{$R *.RES}" in the project file.

I hope that helps.

Ross

• Proposto come risposta Ross CP mercoledì 11 dicembre 2013 16:07
    mercoledì 11 dicembre 2013 16:07