none
WSUS Command Line Arguments

Domanda

• Hi.

I wish to install wsus silently and I cannot find a command line argument for:

Synchronize from another Windows Server Update Services server Server Name

and

This server is a replica of the upstream server

Is there a command line argument for these?  I'm only able to find the command line argument to make it port 8530.

If not, is there a way to set these with a custom vbscript or custom .net app after the installation?

Thanks!

giovedì 2 maggio 2013 22:37

Risposte

• Hi.

I wish to install wsus silently and I cannot find a command line argument for:

Synchronize from another Windows Server Update Services server Server Name

and

This server is a replica of the upstream server

These are not installation options, they are configuration options, and configuration of the WSUS server is not supported in a silent installation. After installing (silently) the WSUS server, you still need to run the Setup Wizard (launched from the Options node of the console) to configure the server as a downstream replica server. Along with that you'll need to configure whether the server uses a proxy server, should host a local content store, and the synchronization schedule with the upstream server.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

venerdì 3 maggio 2013 00:55