none
WSUS - Switching from server sided group targeting to client sided group targeting

Domanda

• Hi all,

I´m having the follolwing situation:

on my WSUS there are several Client-Groups with Clients in it and WSUS is set to server sided group targeting.

Now I want to switch to client sided group targeting as it really is the better way to handle this.

My question is:

What happens to the clients that are already in a group? Will they stay in this group or will the be transferred to "unassigned computers" until they target their group through GPO-Settings?

Thanx for your help!

chri_tea

giovedì 7 marzo 2013 17:01

Risposte

• Hi all,

on my WSUS there are several Client-Groups with Clients in it and WSUS is set to server sided group targeting.

Now I want to switch to client sided group targeting as it really is the better way to handle this.

My question is:

What happens to the clients that are already in a group? Will they stay in this group or will the be transferred to "unassigned computers" until they target their group through GPO-Settings?

Thanx for your help!

chri_tea

The client computer should stay in the groups where they currently are until the GPO changes the policy on the client. Their target group that is set by GPO needs to be created in the WSUS console if not already done. Changing the GPO on the clients will force the move to the new group, provided the group is already created in the WSUS server.
    giovedì 7 marzo 2013 17:56

Tutte le risposte

• Hi all,

My question is:

Thanx for your help!

chri_tea

The client computer should stay in the groups where they currently are until the GPO changes the policy on the client. Their target group that is set by GPO needs to be created in the WSUS console if not already done. Changing the GPO on the clients will force the move to the new group, provided the group is already created in the WSUS server.
    giovedì 7 marzo 2013 17:56
  • So there should be no problem, great!

Thank you!

lunedì 11 marzo 2013 12:14