none
obtain console of a guest os from linux client

Domanda

• Hello All,

As the title clearly suggests, I want to know whether it is possible to obtain the console of some guest os running on hyper-v from linux machine?

I know it's possible if the client is windows machine like Windows 2k8 or Windows 7 through binary vmconnect.exe.

Do we have similar/corresponding client available for linux clients? If not, is it feasible to write one?

Since everything that is exposed by hyper-v is available only through WMI, I am a bit circumspect about writing one.

Any links related with this topic will be helpful.

Thanks

Nikhil Chudekar

lunedì 18 giugno 2012 08:34

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

No, there isn’t such a client/console for Linux. You can write one yourself.

lunedì 18 giugno 2012 12:57
  • Are you aware of any such client or at least who have tried?

As I have mentioned in above post, everything is exposed via WMI & I did not find any class or interface that will help me in writing client app which takes console.

I also observed packets between client & hyper-v, but all the data in encrypted, so totally confused about how to implement it for linux.

Thanks

Nikhil Chudekar

lunedì 18 giugno 2012 13:24
  • Hi,

According to the description, it seems that this is a develop issue, it is recommended that you perform the further research in some development community so that you can get the most qualified pool of response. Thanks for your understanding.

mercoledì 20 giugno 2012 11:17