none
WSUS has never worked fully

Domanda

• I've been using SUS and WSUS for some years and have never been particularly happy with the service they give.  I've found configuring the system impossible to understand and the onsite documentation confusing and contradictory.   That said I have had some success with it and the latest version seemed to offer me more hope.  I had most of the network clients appearing and had groups setup and thought everything was peachy. But it wasn't and I became aware that there was holes in the coverage.  Some machines never got any updates while others worked fine.  Even now SUS is reporting that a lot of the 900 or so machines on the network are uptodate.

The problem I am having isthat the information is false.  If I check in SUS to see how a machine is and see that it is fully uptodate and then go to that machine I find that there are 40, 50 or more updates that are not installed and I have no option but to install them manually. Any advice would be welcome.

giovedì 2 maggio 2013 15:18

Risposte

• I've been using SUS and WSUS for some years and have never been particularly happy with the service they give.  I've found configuring the system impossible to understand and the onsite documentation confusing and contradictory.   That said I have had some success with it and the latest version seemed to offer me more hope.  I had most of the network clients appearing and had groups setup and thought everything was peachy. But it wasn't and I became aware that there was holes in the coverage.  Some machines never got any updates while others worked fine.  Even now SUS is reporting that a lot of the 900 or so machines on the network are uptodate.

The problem I am having isthat the information is false.  If I check in SUS to see how a machine is and see that it is fully uptodate and then go to that machine I find that there are 40, 50 or more updates that are not installed and I have no option but to install them manually. Any advice would be welcome.

Sounds like you need to select more Products and/or Classifications in WSUS. Please let us know which Products and Classifications are currently selected and we can diagnose your issue with WSUS. It could also be that the client is not configured to update Microsoft products only the Windows products. But let's check on the Products and Classifications first.
    giovedì 2 maggio 2013 16:53