none
Create home folders with Display name

Domanda

• Hi All

I need to create Home folders for the users however home folders needs to be created as full name and not the %username% as username policy is firstname and initials of last name only.

e.g. for  a user Called First Last, his user name is "FirstL" however I need his home folder called "First Last" what parameter I need to use instead of %username% ? (I am using profile tab in AD users and computer.

Please help ....

lunedì 18 febbraio 2013 14:31

Risposte

• Hi,

Please understand, the %username% parameter is reflect to user's user name. If your username policy was create user as "FirstL", the home folder name you create to use this %username% parameter only can be create folder like "FirstL". Currently, there have no ways to automatically create the home folder to a different name as user's user name. You can manullly create the folder as "First Last" before configure a home folder for the user and do not use %username% parameter.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

mercoledì 20 febbraio 2013 08:43

Tutte le risposte

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards

Kevin

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

mercoledì 20 febbraio 2013 05:21
  • Hi,

Please understand, the %username% parameter is reflect to user's user name. If your username policy was create user as "FirstL", the home folder name you create to use this %username% parameter only can be create folder like "FirstL". Currently, there have no ways to automatically create the home folder to a different name as user's user name. You can manullly create the folder as "First Last" before configure a home folder for the user and do not use %username% parameter.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

mercoledì 20 febbraio 2013 08:43
  • Hi Chris /K_evin<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for the reply.

I was aware about the fact that %username% will only create the folders with "FirstL" and was trying to see if anything can be done  as this is for a school and creating >200 folders manually was a big task and also ever year this needs to be done for new pupils as well. <o:p></o:p>

however if there is no other way.. I will have to go with that. :)<o:p></o:p>

venerdì 22 febbraio 2013 06:05