none
Server side playlist, unexpected behaviour.

Domanda

• I'm using Windows Media Services 9.6

I've created an on-demand publishing point, with Playlist content type.

I've created a test wmv which is a screen capture of a stopwatch counting to 30 seconds.

I'm experimenting with the clipBegin and begin attributes and getting unexpected behaviour.

For example this playlist

<?wsx version="1.0"?>
    <smil>
      <media src="1-30.wmv" clipBegin="10"/>
    </smil>

The result is the video starts playing at second 5, not where I would expect it to be at second 10.

Changing to clipBegin="15" and the video starts at second 10.

I've tried

• adding a <seq> tag and
    • tried adding the atttibute begin="0"
    • tried with adding units as specified in the Attribute Time Formats

And the behaviour remains the same, ie the clip starts 5 seconds earlier than I would expect it to.

giovedì 15 novembre 2012 00:13

Risposte

• More than likely the issue is with how the video was encoded.  Make sure the key frame interval is fairly low (like 1 second) so that you can get the granularity that you need.
    giovedì 15 novembre 2012 17:20
    Proprietario
  • That was it, I was encoding using Expression Encoder, I needed to change the Key Frame Interval AND the Buffer Window to 1 second, they were previously at 5
    • Contrassegnato come risposta prowla giovedì 15 novembre 2012 22:31
    giovedì 15 novembre 2012 22:31

Tutte le risposte

• More than likely the issue is with how the video was encoded.  Make sure the key frame interval is fairly low (like 1 second) so that you can get the granularity that you need.
    giovedì 15 novembre 2012 17:20
    Proprietario
  • That was it, I was encoding using Expression Encoder, I needed to change the Key Frame Interval AND the Buffer Window to 1 second, they were previously at 5
    • Contrassegnato come risposta prowla giovedì 15 novembre 2012 22:31
    giovedì 15 novembre 2012 22:31