none
WSUS client formating

Domanda

• when i am format any wsus client and then connect to wsus server, the update will start to client machine. my query is before formatting a client is showing 100% update, but after formating the update will start to begin one by one. Is there any way to take backup of client and after format it can be restore at same client.

• Spostato Carey FrischMVP sabato 9 febbraio 2013 16:38 Relocated ro more appropriate forum
    sabato 9 febbraio 2013 06:28

Tutte le risposte

• when i am format any wsus client and then connect to wsus server, the update will start to client machine. my query is before formatting a client is showing 100% update, but after formating the update will start to begin one by one. Is there any way to take backup of client and after format it can be restore at same client.

I think the automatic translator did not work so well..

Can you describe in more detail your question?

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

• Contrassegnato come risposta SandeepJsr martedì 12 febbraio 2013 07:30
    • Contrassegno come risposta annullato SandeepJsr martedì 12 febbraio 2013 07:30
    sabato 9 febbraio 2013 22:03
  • Actually before formating wsus client log file showing "Update NOT required", that means updated are somewhere installed. My query is there any way to take backup of client installed update and after format it can be restore at same client.
    • Contrassegnato come risposta SandeepJsr mercoledì 27 febbraio 2013 04:13
    • Contrassegno come risposta annullato SandeepJsr mercoledì 27 febbraio 2013 04:13
    lunedì 11 febbraio 2013 12:40
  • I am waiting reply at your end.

mercoledì 27 febbraio 2013 04:19
  • Actually before formating wsus client log file showing "Update NOT required", that means updated are somewhere installed.
    I'm still working through translation challenges, but I'll take a stab at what is being asked. First the logfile does not identify whether an update is "required" or not, it identifes whether an update is AVAILABLE or not. Thus, the fact that "0 updates detected" should never be interpreted to mean that all patches have been installed; it merely means that all available patches have been installed. Whether there are other patches that should be available is a matter for further inquiry, and why patch administrators get the "big bucks".
    My query is there any way to take backup of client installed update and after format it can be restore at same client.
    This question I'm still not understanding either, but you can always backup a system and then restore it to the same client. I'm not sure what the relevance to installing updates has to do, though.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

martedì 21 maggio 2013 22:04