none
Removing an unwanted network from a cluster

質問

• I know others have asked this, but I have yet to see a real answer.

How does one remove an unwanted network from a cluster? I originally setup a dedicated Heartbeat network, which I have found is not really required, as I have 4 other interfaces/networks in use. I can heartbeat via those instead.

For this unwanted network, I have disabled cluster communication on all hosts, and also disabled the interface on each host. Even after rebooting all hosts, the network still is part of the cluster, although logging errors for obvious reasons.

Unless I can delete this, it will require 5 interfaces on all new hosts, which will require an pointless optional Ethernet card per server.

Do I need a registry hack or something?

2012年6月14日 0:02

回答

• Hi,

How did you disable the interface on the machine? Based on my experience, if you disable the network adapter in Network Connections or Device Manager,  you will not be able to use it before you enable it manually.

2012年6月14日 1:23
    モデレータ

すべての返信

• Hi,

How did you disable the interface on the machine? Based on my experience, if you disable the network adapter in Network Connections or Device Manager,  you will not be able to use it before you enable it manually.

2012年6月14日 1:23
    モデレータ
  • I don't want to use it for anything. It was simply a dedicated heartbeat connection using a dedicated heartbeat network. Each host had one of these connections. But with the heartbeat now going though the other interfaces, I no longer need the dedicated heartbeat connection.
    2012年6月14日 17:33
  • Hi,

Disable them and they will not be used in Cluster. You can also power off the cluster nodes to remove it physically.

2012年6月15日 2:38
    モデレータ
  • If your read my original description of the issue, I already did this the disable and restart. I can't actually physically remove the adapter. It's part of the server.
    2012年6月19日 19:46