none
server 2008 nothing opens

일반 토론

• After the latest update from MS 3.13.12 I can't open anything that is a GUI shortcut. I however can run applications from task manager from the "New Task".  We have exchange 2007 running on the server and it works as advertised along with users being able to send and receive email. Rebooted multiple times same results. Event viewer shows nothing really out the ordinary. Symantec endpoint protection is installed and no viruses found. Anyone ever seen this before, or have any clues?
    2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오전 2:48

모든 응답

• Hi,

In order to perform the further research, please help me to collect the following information:

1. Did you run Windows Server 2008 Core installation on the computer?
    2. What did you mean by “can't open anything that is a GUI shortcut”? If possible, please take some screenshots and upload here.

Vincent Hu

TechNet Community Support

2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오전 5:22
  • Well, this morning I got in and now it works. Before nothing would open from quick launch or from the start menu, etc..

This is actually a Windows Standard install.

2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 4:53
  • As far as I know, Windows 2008 Server Core doesn't have any GUI included ! hence there would be no possibility of missing shortcuts.... 

This question must have been asked in  Windows Server Forums General section.

Knowledge Seeker

• 편집됨 Jayawardhane 2012년 3월 18일 일요일 오전 11:14
    2012년 3월 18일 일요일 오전 11:10