none
WSUS 3.0 SP2 issues

질문

• Hi,

My Windows Server 2003 SP2 didn't have the audit tab on its disks and was messed up. It was probably related to why I had issues installing some patches on it. I had to take ownership of the C: drive in order to try and fix it because it was a major flag showing up on my scans. I think that messed something up on it and I can't get WSUS to work.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

ClashDragon

• 편집됨 ClashDragon 2013년 5월 8일 수요일 오후 8:16 add to server
    2013년 5월 8일 수요일 오후 8:13

답변

• is the WSUS console throwing this error, when you use the console on the server itself, or, are you using a remote WSUS console?

If it's happening on the server itself, I would guess that your server has serious problems.

do your WSUS client logs (windowsupdate.log) show client connection success or failure?

if clients are also failing, it is probably much easier to rebuild the server and make a clean start

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• 답변으로 표시됨 ClashDragon 2013년 5월 13일 월요일 오후 1:02
    2013년 5월 10일 금요일 오후 8:47

모든 응답

• could you provide a bit more information about "WSUS doesn't work" ?
    can you successfully start and open the WSUS console?
    do you have errors displayed in the WSUS console?
    synchronisations succeed or fail?
    clients report in ok?
    clients are logging errors communicating with WSUS?
    WSUS logfiles report errors?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

2013년 5월 8일 수요일 오후 9:25
  • End Snap-in. "This snap-in is not responding. To retrun to MMC and check the status of the snap-in, click Cancel. If you choose to end the snap-in immediately, you will lose any unsaved data. To end the snap-in now, click End Now" I clicked Cancel.

WSUS cannot connect to the server. "Cannot connect to 'Server name'. The remote server could not be contacted. Please verify that IIS on the server is correctly configured and is running. Contact your nectwork administrator if the problem persists. I executed services.msc and already started IIS Admin Service.

John

2013년 5월 9일 목요일 오후 8:17
  • is the WSUS console throwing this error, when you use the console on the server itself, or, are you using a remote WSUS console?

If it's happening on the server itself, I would guess that your server has serious problems.

do your WSUS client logs (windowsupdate.log) show client connection success or failure?

if clients are also failing, it is probably much easier to rebuild the server and make a clean start

Don

• 답변으로 표시됨 ClashDragon 2013년 5월 13일 월요일 오후 1:02
    2013년 5월 10일 금요일 오후 8:47
  • I think I will rebuild the server and make a clean start. Thanks!!

John

2013년 5월 13일 월요일 오후 1:02