none
Unable to Uninstall WSUS 3.0 sp2 from 2008 SBS

질문

• So I am working with a Microsoft Windows Small buisness server 2011 standard version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Recently we noticed that WSUS was not able to start WSUS and attempted to remove it from the server in order to re-install it.

I recieved the message below:

"Attempt to un-install Windows Server Update Services failed with error code 0x0x80070643. Fatal Error during instillation."

I followed the instructions found in :blogs.technet.com/b/sus/archive/2008/11/05/how-to-manually-remove-all-of-wsus.aspx stopping after step 5. Becasue I didnt see any references to the "MICROSOFT##SSEE"in the cleanup tool.

After reading a few more posts I attempted to follow : davidvielmetter.com/tricks/wsus-wont-uninstall-or-re-install/

I downloaded the WSUS 3.0 SP2 installer and ran thru the instillation.  I installed it on a seperate hardrive than before and attempted to lauch the IIS website it created.

I get a Internet explorer cannot display the webpage.

Figuring that I would attempt to uninstall it one more time I get the message listed below.

"Attempt to un-install Windows Server Update Services failed with error code 0x80004005. Error HRESULT_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component."

I would like to get this back up and running and feel that it has gotten away from me. I want to remove the old instillation to clean up the server in preperation of a fresh instillation later on.

Is there a way to manually remove the WSUS role from SBS server ?

2013년 5월 8일 수요일 오후 8:40

모든 응답