none
RDPCLIP.exe high mem

질문

• Hello,

we have a windows 2008r2 rds farm. Sometimes, 2-3 times a day, there is on a server an active user with a rdpclip.exe process which is using more than 4 GB of memory. Different user on different server. After killing the process the session is still running and there is no error.

Users are working with remoteapps

On the client there is no content in the clipboard (we have tried to paste in word). All clients are windows xp sp3 and rdp 7.

Seems to be something like http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverTS/thread/1a2705cb-1ed7-423e-9ebd-d8ef84df01ec

Is there a way to check the clipboard content? MAybe somebody knows the problem?

Thank you

Regards

Marc

2010년 6월 30일 수요일 오후 10:08

모든 응답

•  

Hi Marc,

According to your description, I understand that you are experiencing an issue that the RDPCLIP.exe process is using more than 4 GB of memory.

This issue might occur when there is a loop in the local or remote clipboard viewer chain.

To resolve this issue, please have a try the following actions and let me know the results:

·         Kill and restart RDPCLIP.exe process on the Remote desktop server.

·         Close the TS client and reconnect to the session.

·         Update the latest NIC driver for Remote desktop server.

For your reference, I have included a RDS team blog about shared clipboard.

Why does my shared clipboard not work? (Part 1)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/2006/11/16/why-does-my-shared-clipboard-not-work-part-1.aspx?PageIndex=2#comments

Hope it helps.

Wilson Jia

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    2010년 7월 1일 목요일 오전 7:03
  • Hello,

yesterday and today no errors with the rdclip.exe. Strange. I have seen one process with high memory for 1 or 2 minutes. After that the process has abot 2 MB, this is ok.

The server are virtualized on hyper-v R2, there are no updates.

We will monitor the process next days

thank you

Regards 

2010년 7월 2일 금요일 오후 1:02
  • Hello,

the last day i saw the issue several times again.
    When i disconnect the user with the high rdpclip.exe the process still exists on the server.

When i kill the user process, everything ok. I have asked the user if he has used the clipboard or copied something with ctrl+c or so.
    He think not.

On the client nothing to see in the clipboard.

Regards

Marc

2010년 7월 7일 수요일 오전 5:26
  • Hi Marc,

Please try to cancel the Clipboard option in user's mstsc console to see whether this issue continues.

Regards,

Wilson Jia

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    2010년 7월 8일 목요일 오전 7:34
  • Hello,

when we disable the clipboard redirection, the behaviour does not continue.

Very hard to find the issue, it happens only sometimes. Different user, different server.

Is there a way to "look into the clipboard" process/content from server side? Like dump or so?

Regards 

2010년 7월 8일 목요일 오후 9:07
  • Hello,

after some days i found a rdclip.exe with high memory, 4 GB. I have created a dmp with task manager.

Can i analyze this dmp with a tool?

Regards

2010년 7월 14일 수요일 오후 10:06
  • I have the same problem: few times a day process rdpclip.exe uses more than 12 GB of RAM.

Is there any way to get clipboard content on the server?

2011년 10월 10일 월요일 오후 6:26
  • I have the same problem on my Windows XP sp3 accessing a Windows XP server for my development fat client. The workaround is to try to close the session and re-connect RDP. Or I need to restart my laptop. I need to use clipboard to copy/paste text so I do not hope to turn it off.

Is there any solution to this issue?

Regards,  --Harry

Harry Chen

2012년 6월 22일 금요일 오후 6:55