none
Windows Core R2 not sending email alerts from Task Scheduler

질문

• I've setup backup alerts on a 2008 R2 Core server through Task Scheduler. The server doesn't send out the emails even if I run the task manually. I have it running fine on another R2 server (full) using a third server as the SMTP (IIS) server.

There is no Telnet client for R2 core so I cant test the SMTP connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

ljac.

2012년 1월 23일 월요일 오전 1:17

답변

• Hi,

I think you need to install the Telnet client on the Windows Server Core 2008 R2 first. We could install the Telnet Client feature according to the link below:

Title: Installing Windows Features on a server running a Server Core installation of Windows Server 2008 R2: Overview

URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee441253(WS.10).aspx

After installing the Telnet Client feature, then we could do the SMPT connection test. At the same time, please make sure that the port 25 is opened. And the port 25 is not disabled on the firewall.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

2012년 1월 26일 목요일 오전 5:03

모든 응답

• Hi,

I think you need to install the Telnet client on the Windows Server Core 2008 R2 first. We could install the Telnet Client feature according to the link below:

Title: Installing Windows Features on a server running a Server Core installation of Windows Server 2008 R2: Overview

URL: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee441253(WS.10).aspx

After installing the Telnet Client feature, then we could do the SMPT connection test. At the same time, please make sure that the port 25 is opened. And the port 25 is not disabled on the firewall.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

2012년 1월 26일 목요일 오전 5:03
  • Hi,

Any Update?

James

James Xiong

2012년 1월 30일 월요일 오전 9:27
  • Hi James,

Sorry for the late late response. I installed the telnet client and tested that it can connect and sent an email through telnet successfully. There must be a feature missing in Core that coresponds with Task Scheduler..

Thanks,

Lee.

2012년 3월 8일 목요일 오전 1:07
  • I have just noticed on the Core server in Task Scheduler there is an error under "Last Run Result: Class not registered (0x80040154)". Nothing else is showing in the Event Log.

Thanks,

Lee.

2012년 3월 8일 목요일 오전 1:16
  • Hi,

Hope this thread answers it question you have for Last Run Result: Class not registered (0x80040154) error :

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservercore/thread/e089a2f5-3365-4732-aa74-a5c24ab0d6ce/

Thanks

Sanket. J Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2012년 3월 8일 목요일 오전 8:45