none
Windows SBS Server 2003 will not update; install IE 7 or 8

일반 토론

• Whenever we try to install Internet Explorer 7, the installer gives us the error message "The program is incompatible with the operating system."

This is for a Windows Small Business Server 2003 is upgraded to SP2; however, the Windows Server Update Services will not connect or download any updates and gives an error every 5 minutes in the logs.

The most common error is that of Event ID: 7000: "The update services service failed to start due to the following error: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

And Event ID: 7009: "Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Update Services service to connect"

We have reinstalled the Windows Server Update Services several times and it continues to give these error messages.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the SQL database?

2013년 1월 25일 금요일 오전 12:07

모든 응답

• Update!

Internet Explorer 7 successfully installed - because there is a different version for Windows Small Business Server 2003 than there is for the regular Windows. I can't believe I overlooked this - I may have solved my own problem, but I cannot restart the server at the moment to see if WSUS works.

So, a little more information on the services that are currently not working. There is a notification on the bottom toolbar that shows a picture of a computer with some sort of a bullseye on it, when I hover my mouse over it, it says "Stopped - \\SERVERNAME\MICROSOFT##SSEE - MSSQLS" Whenever we restart this service, it immediately stops and will not run.

Whenever the server is started up, we get an error message that informs us that a service did not start in a timely manner - we believe that the above-stated service is the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

2013년 1월 25일 금요일 오후 8:15