none
Can access Server 2008 member server when server IP is DHCP but not when Server IP is static

질문

• I have a Windows 2003 Domain with a new 2008 r2 member server.  I can remote into the 2008 server from my Win 7PC when the IPv4 address on the server is set to dynamic.  I need the IP on this server to be static as it will become a DC.  If the IP is static, I can log in remotely but after about 30 seconds I get thrown out with the error 'The computer can't connect to the remote computer.....'  Same happens when I try to remote from a 2003 server to the 2008 - as long as the the network connection is dynamic then I can login and stay in for hours but once the IP is changed to static, I get kicked out after login.

Firewalls turned off on both server and PC.  I can telnet successfully to the 2008 server when the NIC has static IP.

You can see and access files on server from PCs and other servers on the network and vice versa. 

No virtualization.

Netbios over TCP/IP is enabled on server and Win 7 PC.  Win 7 PC has a dynamic IP address 

File and print services for the NIC is installed.

Any clues anyone?

Thanks so much

2012년 3월 17일 토요일 오후 9:25

답변

• Please post unedited ipconfig /all from problem machine and DC

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

2012년 3월 18일 일요일 오전 12:00
  • Sorry I didn't report back on this.  The statis IP being used was in a pool of IPS that were set aside for servers only.  And even though my network analyzers was reporting this IP was not in use, there was a problem with it.  As soon as I changed to another IP in the pool then no issues. 

Thanks

2012년 4월 1일 일요일 오후 5:04

모든 응답

• PS remote desktop is enabled on the server
    2012년 3월 17일 토요일 오후 9:27
  • Please post unedited ipconfig /all from problem machine and DC

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

2012년 3월 18일 일요일 오전 12:00
  • Sorry I didn't report back on this.  The statis IP being used was in a pool of IPS that were set aside for servers only.  And even though my network analyzers was reporting this IP was not in use, there was a problem with it.  As soon as I changed to another IP in the pool then no issues. 

Thanks

2012년 4월 1일 일요일 오후 5:04