none
Difference between "Disconnect session" and "End session" in Sessions Tab of User Properties

질문

• Situation 1: Active session limit : 2 minutes, When session limit is reached: Disconnect from session

After two minutes I got a message that "the session will end in 2 minutes, please save save and close all programs".

Situation 1: Active session limit : 2 minutes, When session limit is reached: Disconnect from session

I got the same message as above.

So what is the difference between  "Disconnect session" and "End session"

Thanks and Regards, Radhakrishnan

• 이동됨 pbbergsMVP 2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오전 11:58 Nothing to do with Active Directory but an RDS question (From:Directory Services)
    2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오전 11:56

답변

모든 응답

• Disconnect means your connection to the server will be dropped but not logged off.  End session you will be disconnected and logged off.

This has nothing to do with Active Directory, but with Remote Desktop Services.

--
    Paul Bergson
    MVP - Directory Services
    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
    MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
    2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
    http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/paulbergson  Twitter @pbbergs
    Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오전 11:58
  • But, I got logged off even when I had selected "Disconnect session" after 2 minutes.

So how do I reconnect with the server when the session becomes disconnected.

Thanks and Regards, Radhakrishnan

2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오후 12:06
  • Hi,

You need to configure the timeout and reconnection settings for Remote Desktop Session Host. We can use either Group Policy or Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration to achieve this.

For more detailed information, please check the following Article. Hope it helps.

Configure Timeout and Reconnection Settings for Remote Desktop Services Sessions
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754272.aspx

Best Regards,
    Aiden

Aiden Cao

TechNet Community Support

2012년 6월 22일 금요일 오전 2:05
    중재자