none
Windows 8 Consumer Preview - No Patches on Synchronization

질문

• I have ticked the Windows 8 Consumer Preview option in the classifications of files to download but no patches are downloaded to the WSUS server. The Windows 8 Beta Servers and Windows 8 Consumer Preview clients must connect to Microsoft Update to get patches. This is easy to do when you have a GUI but what about the Server Core? The AD domain has a mandatory default GPO settings for WUpdate to an internal WSUS server.
    2012년 3월 19일 월요일 오전 2:12

답변

• I never got a chance to approve them - On a Windows 2008 R2 Server which has WSUS insatlled on it - I have ticked the Windows 8 Consumer Preview as an option in the Windows Products Classification. But after synchronising with the Micros Soft Update Services on the WSUS server - no downloads for Windows 8 are shown to allow approval.

No windows updates for windows 8 are published right now.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• 답변으로 표시됨 TimElvidge 2012년 3월 21일 수요일 오후 10:37
    2012년 3월 21일 수요일 오전 2:08
    중재자

모든 응답

• Hi,

Did you ever approve the updates for the windows 8 consumer preview?Are these updates downloaded yet?

You can only point the Server Core to the WSUS through GPO or registry,Updates will install automatically.

And also Note: server Core isn't able to show these balloons since it lacks explorer.exe as shell. So option 4 in the entry"configure automatic update "in the GPO is the only selection for server core to enabe Automatic updates.
    To query the list of all installed Windows Updates,you may use wmic qfe list.

best regards,

Clarence

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

2012년 3월 20일 화요일 오전 6:15
    중재자
  • I never got a chance to approve them - On a Windows 2008 R2 Server which has WSUS insatlled on it - I have ticked the Windows 8 Consumer Preview as an option in the Windows Products Classification. But after synchronising with the Micros Soft Update Services on the WSUS server - no downloads for Windows 8 are shown to allow approval.
    2012년 3월 20일 화요일 오전 7:47

No windows updates for windows 8 are published right now.

• 답변으로 표시됨 TimElvidge 2012년 3월 21일 수요일 오후 10:37
    2012년 3월 21일 수요일 오전 2:08
    중재자
  • Ok - is there a date as to when they will be published? Seems strange to provide a classification for updates to receive when no updates are published??
    2012년 3월 21일 수요일 오전 4:20