none
I need to know what classification Internet Explorer 10 will be so I can make sure that it doesn’t get auto approved by my WSUS Server.

질문

• I need to know what classification Internet Explorer 10 will be so I can make sure that it doesn’t get auto approved by my WSUS Server.

2012년 12월 11일 화요일 오후 3:39

답변

• I need to know what classification Internet Explorer 10 will be so I can make sure that it doesn’t get auto approved by my WSUS Server.

Windows Internet Explorer 9 is in the Update Rollups classification. Perhaps 10 will be in the same classification. Don't think you would have to worry about that unless you are deploying Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
    2012년 12월 11일 화요일 오후 4:06

Windows Internet Explorer 9 is in the Update Rollups classification. Perhaps 10 will be in the same classification. Don't think you would have to worry about that unless you are deploying Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.

Uh... actually.... IE10 in the Update Rollups category would only be relevant to Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 systems. :-)

The *updates* for IE10 will be released in Security Updates like they always have been.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

2012년 12월 12일 수요일 오전 1:22
  • I was hoping to be able to keep my Automatic Approvals for Critical and Security Updates in place.

I suspect you will.

I was under the impression that IE 10 would be available for Windows 7 as well.

Well.. there's a preview edition currently available. IF or WHEN Microsoft actually provides a release version of IE10 for Windows 7 is still a matter of major conjecture, but IF it does become available, I would certainly expect it to be released in Update Rollups, just like it's ancestors have been.

I didn’t want to take any chances since we have application vendors that have sent out notices stating that they are having issues with IE 10 and will not support it.

Hmmm.. my answer to this application vendors would be: You better get the product working with IE10 or we're going to be looking for an alternate vendor for your product!

And then... you better start looking NOW for that alternate vendor, because, whether you like IE9 on Win7 or not... IE10 is the future! If a vendor expects to stay in business they're gonna have to support HTML5 (regardless of whether IE10 is in the picture or not)!

So better to pressure your vendor(s) into that reality today, then let them sit in the quicksand until it's too late.

SolarWinds Head Geek
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

2012년 12월 12일 수요일 오전 1:27

모든 응답

2012년 12월 11일 화요일 오후 4:06
  • I appreciate your quick response. I was hoping to be able to keep my Automatic Approvals for Critical and Security Updates in place. I was under the impression that IE 10 would be available for Windows 7 as well.  I didn’t want to take any chances since we have application vendors that have sent out notices stating that they are having issues with IE 10 and will not support it.

2012년 12월 11일 화요일 오후 4:19

Uh... actually.... IE10 in the Update Rollups category would only be relevant to Windows 7 and Windows 2008 R2 systems. :-)

The *updates* for IE10 will be released in Security Updates like they always have been.

SolarWinds Head Geek

2012년 12월 12일 수요일 오전 1:22
  • I was hoping to be able to keep my Automatic Approvals for Critical and Security Updates in place.

I suspect you will.

I was under the impression that IE 10 would be available for Windows 7 as well.

Well.. there's a preview edition currently available. IF or WHEN Microsoft actually provides a release version of IE10 for Windows 7 is still a matter of major conjecture, but IF it does become available, I would certainly expect it to be released in Update Rollups, just like it's ancestors have been.

I didn’t want to take any chances since we have application vendors that have sent out notices stating that they are having issues with IE 10 and will not support it.

Hmmm.. my answer to this application vendors would be: You better get the product working with IE10 or we're going to be looking for an alternate vendor for your product!

And then... you better start looking NOW for that alternate vendor, because, whether you like IE9 on Win7 or not... IE10 is the future! If a vendor expects to stay in business they're gonna have to support HTML5 (regardless of whether IE10 is in the picture or not)!

So better to pressure your vendor(s) into that reality today, then let them sit in the quicksand until it's too late.

SolarWinds Head Geek

2012년 12월 12일 수요일 오전 1:27