none
3rd node cluster, disk management no disk seen

질문

• Hello,

I have ahyper-vr2 sp1 cluster with 2nodes. I must add a third node. As storage I have a msa2000sa.

With the third node outside the cluster, if from MSA I map a volume (not in the cluster),from the disk management,I see the new disk immediately (after a rescan), then it would seem that the MSA is seen in the right way from Windows. Also from MPIO I see MSA.
    If I add the node to the cluster, and from MSA Ido the mapping of clusters volumes, the volumes are not seen in disk management!
    Only if reboot the node I see the disks, but they are mapped in the wrong order!!

I do not understand where is the mistake

Please Help

Thanks

2012년 6월 7일 목요일 오전 8:06

답변

• Hi,

I agree with Chaba, please ensure that the new node is allowed to access the LUN on the MSA2000sa.

If you want to add a third not to the existing cluster, you can perform the following steps:

1. Install correct operating system on the new nodes, add it to domain.
    2. Enable Hyper-V and Failover Cluster.
    3. Configure network properly based on the existing nodes.
    4. Connect the shared storage from MSA2000sa to the new node and you will be able to see all the LUNs available for clsuter.
    Note: Just connect the stroage to the new node, don’t online the disks in the new node.
    5. Perform a validation for the new node.

• 답변으로 표시됨 astimas 2012년 6월 11일 월요일 오전 7:38
    2012년 6월 8일 금요일 오전 3:36

모든 응답

• with the node not yet in the cluster, I have now tried to add a cluster disk (the quorum disk) as read-only, but from disk management is not seen!
    why?
    2012년 6월 7일 목요일 오전 8:19
  • Hi,

I would like you to check items in below.

1. In MSA, ensure the node is allowed to access the LUN

2. Has 3rd node added to cluster? Typically, cluster has way to protect disk from access by standby node. (except for CSV). It is expected to see 'reserved' from disk management of standby node.

3. Logon to node 3 , use diskpart.exe in command line  and run following command

DISKPART>list volume 

it is expected to see new disk in the list. Use the number for next command

DISKPART> select disk number

DISKPART> detail disk

Then, please share the result in this post for further analysis

___________________________________________________ Naruphon blog: http://www.vm360degree.com

• 편집됨 Chaba_OK 2012년 6월 7일 목요일 오후 2:20
    • 답변으로 표시 취소됨 astimas 2012년 6월 11일 월요일 오전 7:38
    2012년 6월 7일 목요일 오후 2:19
  • Hi,

I agree with Chaba, please ensure that the new node is allowed to access the LUN on the MSA2000sa.

If you want to add a third not to the existing cluster, you can perform the following steps:

1. Install correct operating system on the new nodes, add it to domain.
    2. Enable Hyper-V and Failover Cluster.
    3. Configure network properly based on the existing nodes.
    4. Connect the shared storage from MSA2000sa to the new node and you will be able to see all the LUNs available for clsuter.
    Note: Just connect the stroage to the new node, don’t online the disks in the new node.
    5. Perform a validation for the new node.

2012년 6월 8일 금요일 오전 3:36
  • Thanks, it solved
    2012년 6월 11일 월요일 오전 7:38