none
WSUS Updates that shouldn't be downloading

질문

• I recently built a new WSUS Upstream server, and have redirected an existing replica to this new Update Source.  The upstream is set to only pull Critical, Security and Definition updates, as was the previous upstream server.  However, after synchronizing with the new upstream, this replica server is showing over 500 Update, Update Rollup, Service Pack and Feature Pack updates.   I changed the the server to not be a replica long enough to decline all of those patches, and then re-tic'd the "make the server a replica" box.  The next day, those same 500 patches were back in the All Updates listing showing as Not Approved.   And, most of the more recent patches on the downstream are showing "There is a newer revision of this update available".   I've run the WSUSUtil reset, the cleanup wizard and re-synced, but, nothing seems to be helping.  Suggestions?
    2012년 12월 11일 화요일 오후 3:16

답변

• I recently built a new WSUS Upstream server, and have redirected an existing replica to this new Update Source.  The upstream is set to only pull Critical, Security and Definition updates, as was the previous upstream server.  However, after synchronizing with the new upstream, this replica server is showing over 500 Update, Update Rollup, Service Pack and Feature Pack updates.
    A replica server cannot have different Product Categories or Update Classifications from the upstream server.
    I changed the the server to not be a replica long enough to decline all of those patches, and then re-tic'd the "make the server a replica" box.  The next day, those same 500 patches were back in the All Updates listing showing as Not Approved.
    Yep! Just like it should!
    ...but, nothing seems to be helping.  Suggestions?
    Review the Product Documentation, specifically the Deployment Guide for this issue, and become familiar with the product!

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

2012년 12월 12일 수요일 오전 1:14