none
Preferred Owners

질문

• Hello,

I have several clusters with two nodes A & B.

On the Services Applications what is the difference between:

- Not checking any node

- Checking both nodes at the same time

Thanks,

DOm

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

2012년 4월 10일 화요일 오후 11:31

모든 응답

• 답변으로 제안됨 Vincent HuModerator 2012년 4월 11일 수요일 오전 7:11
    • 답변으로 제안 취소됨 Felyjos 2012년 4월 11일 수요일 오후 7:57
    2012년 4월 11일 수요일 오전 12:14
    중재자
  • Hello,

Thanks for the articles, apparently it shows that if we have "All Preferred" Selected or none at all it is following the same path which does not match the various tests I have done (: When both "All preferred" are set:

- the failover is slower than when none

- the percentage of failures when "All Preferred" is selected versus No Preferred at all is 65% more failures...

Thanks,

Dom

System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

2012년 4월 11일 수요일 오후 8:00
  • Hi,

By failure do you mean failover? Selecting both nodes is not equal to selecting no nodes through Failover Cluster Manager since the node to the top will be given more preference. As the help text on the UI states - "Select the preferred owners for this clustered role. Use the buttons to list them IN ORDER FROM MOST PREFERRED AT THE TOP TO LEAST PREFERRED AT THE BOTTOM...

2012년 4월 11일 수요일 오후 9:06
    중재자
  • Hello,

No, by failures I mean shares not failling over to the new node, which means the share is not available anymore.

Thank you for the explanation about the differences between No node selected and all nodes selected.

Thanks,

DOm

2012년 4월 12일 목요일 오후 1:37