none
The terminal server licensing grace period has expired

질문

• Hi Experts,

I am using Windows server 2003 R2 Storage server. From few days i am not able to establish a remote session to the server. 

In server event log it's showing error as ,

Error : "The terminal server licensing grace period has expired and the service has not registered with a license server with installed licenses. A terminal server license server is required for continuous operation. A terminal server can operate without a license server for 120 days after initial start up. "

Event ID : 1008

Can you please help me guys. how to solve this issue.

2012년 6월 20일 수요일 오후 9:57

답변

• Hello,

The server is probably set to remote desktop services instead remote administration. This needs a license server and licenses available. When setting it to remote administration you can only have two simultanious connections for remote administration. You can set this in the computer properties of your server.

regards Robert Maijen

2012년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 12:52
  • Hi,

You should be able to connect remotely to your server using the /admin command line switch, like this:

mstsc /admin

Once connected please go to Control Panel -- Add or Remove Programs -- Windows Components, uncheck Terminal Server, then restart.  If you do not have Terminal Server in the list of items please let us know.

What changes have been made to this server in the past 120 days?  I am surprised that 2003 R2 storage server even has the option to install Terminal Server.

Thanks.

-TP

2012년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 8:25

모든 응답

• Hello,

The server is probably set to remote desktop services instead remote administration. This needs a license server and licenses available. When setting it to remote administration you can only have two simultanious connections for remote administration. You can set this in the computer properties of your server.

regards Robert Maijen

2012년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 12:52
  • Have you installed the terminal services remote desktop services role on thi server? if you don't want this then unistall the role from server manager.

By default 2 administrators can RDP to Windows 2008 server in TS remote administration role.

Sachin Gadhave
    MCP, MCSA, MCTS

2012년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 1:32
  • Thanks Robert & Sachin.........

Presently we are not having any Terminal License Server.. so can you please suggest me what to do now ???? Now it's not connecting for atleast one session also...

Please help me....

Praveen

2012년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 6:32
  • Hello,

You need to uninstall the terminal services role from the server, reboot and set the server in remote administration mode.

regards Robert Maijen

2012년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 7:55
  • Hi,

You should be able to connect remotely to your server using the /admin command line switch, like this:

mstsc /admin

Once connected please go to Control Panel -- Add or Remove Programs -- Windows Components, uncheck Terminal Server, then restart.  If you do not have Terminal Server in the list of items please let us know.

What changes have been made to this server in the past 120 days?  I am surprised that 2003 R2 storage server even has the option to install Terminal Server.

Thanks.

-TP

2012년 6월 21일 목요일 오후 8:25
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just want to check if the information provided was helpful. If there is any update or concern, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Aiden

Aiden Cao

TechNet Community Support

2012년 6월 25일 월요일 오전 2:51