none
WSUS Configuration Wizard - Sync error choosing MS Update as upstream server

    질문

  • I've got a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 machine with all updates.
    I've configured WSUS 3.0 SP2 server role as of official MS detailed guide; IIS role has been added as part of WSUS Server Manager wizard role; I've used a remote SQL Server 2005 instead of Windows Internal Database.
    In Configuration Wizard, I choose using Microsoft Update in the step "Upstream Server"; I've got no proxy, so I skip following step.
    When time to "Start Connecting" to the upstream server (that is, to Microsoft Update), I've got a Web Exception saying "Object moved to".
    Full error trace available on request.
    2013년 2월 5일 화요일 오전 11:28

답변

  • When time to "Start Connecting" to the upstream server (that is, to Microsoft Update), I've got a Web Exception saying "Object moved to".
    Full error trace available on request.

    This issue has been observed by a number of people installing new WSUS servers over the past 24 hours.

    It was also discussed in this thread.

    One indication is that the issue was transient and is now resolved.

    In another case we were able to successfully work around the issue by applying KB2734608 and then running the setup wizard.


    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

    2013년 2월 5일 화요일 오후 10:50
    중재자

모든 응답

  • When time to "Start Connecting" to the upstream server (that is, to Microsoft Update), I've got a Web Exception saying "Object moved to".
    Full error trace available on request.

    This issue has been observed by a number of people installing new WSUS servers over the past 24 hours.

    It was also discussed in this thread.

    One indication is that the issue was transient and is now resolved.

    In another case we were able to successfully work around the issue by applying KB2734608 and then running the setup wizard.


    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

    2013년 2월 5일 화요일 오후 10:50
    중재자
  • Thanks Lawrence. KB2734608 sorted the issue for me on a new WSUS SP2 install on a Server 2008 R2 SP2 DC.
    2013년 2월 14일 목요일 오후 4:05
  • It works for me too!! Thanks!!!

    mbrenes

    2013년 3월 5일 화요일 오후 11:36
  • yessssss!!! the KB2734608 it the only way that i could solve this problem!!!! thanks a lot!!!!
    2013년 3월 13일 수요일 오후 1:35
  • As an FYI, it must be a very long transient, because a new install I just performed also required the KB update. It worked great after that. Thanks!
    2013년 4월 25일 목요일 오전 10:25
  • As an FYI, it must be a very long transient, because a new install I just performed also required the KB update. It worked great after that. Thanks!

    Yeah, it isn't a transient error. A back-end change in the catalog now requires KB2734608 in order to initially sync the products/classifications list.

    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    SolarWinds Head Geek
    Microsoft MVP - Software Packaging, Deployment & Servicing (2005-2013)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin
    http://www.solarwinds.com/gotmicrosoft
    The views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of SolarWinds.

    2013년 5월 29일 수요일 오후 8:11
    중재자