none
How to setup iSCSI?

Pergunta

• Hi,

I was looking at, for training purposes to create iSCSI system on WIndows Storage Server,

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/video/how-to-setup-iscsi-on-windows-server-2008-11-mins

The video refers to Windows Storage server 2003.

I have Technet Standard subscription and the download options are:

Windows storage 2008, basic(3.3 GB) which I installed but it does not have option to create iSCSI

Windows Storage Server 2008R2 embedded, iSCSI which is executable, 900MB and when I run it on above server does not do anything.

I wonder if you may guide me to proper software,

segunda-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2012 13:30

Respostas

• I found the answer:

I installed Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 embeded iscsi target 3.3 ( download from Technet) on Windows 2008R2

Then I downloaded iSCSI Software Target 3.3. It gives me an option to install Install iSCSI Software Target (x64)

when I install it I get

Microsoft SCSI Software Target where I can create Target iSCSI

Not sure if this is the only way to do it. But works this way.

segunda-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2012 14:59

Todas as Respostas

• I found the answer:

I installed Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 embeded iscsi target 3.3 ( download from Technet) on Windows 2008R2

Then I downloaded iSCSI Software Target 3.3. It gives me an option to install Install iSCSI Software Target (x64)

when I install it I get

segunda-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2012 14:59
  • I found the answer:

when I install it I get

There are many ways to do it. You need to describe your task, RTO & RTP requirements and hardware config as it all do impact the answer. 

StarWind iSCSI SAN & NAS

segunda-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2012 15:07