none
iSCSI initiator not connecting after upgradation

Pergunta

• HI,   

iSCSI initiator not connecting after upgradation from windows 2003 STD to windows 2008 STD R2 server, upgradation was successfully completed, except Microsoft iSCSI initiator connectivity, the initiaor interface show it as 'reconnecting'....!!!!!

Kindly guide on this.

Thanks in Advance

• Editado Martinmurugan quinta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2012 07:04
    quinta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2012 06:58

Respostas

• Hi,

It seems to be a known issue, that iSCSI initiator will not be upgraded with the system.

Please search file names start with iscsi in c:\windows\system32 folder (search for iscsi*). Check the file verisons and compare with a working Windows 2008 server to find out the old files for example 5.2.3790.3825.

Move these files to another folder as a backup and copy the newer files from a working Windows 2008 server to same place. (some files may not exist in Windows 2008. If so you could simply ignore them)

Then go to Device Manager, uninstall ISCSI Initiator and reinstalled it using the "add legacy device".  Reboot to see the result.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

quinta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2012 09:24
    Moderador

Todas as Respostas

• Is the IP Address same or, has it changed after up gradation? If yes you need to change it accordingly at target machine.

Regards

Satish

quinta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2012 09:04
  • Hi,

It seems to be a known issue, that iSCSI initiator will not be upgraded with the system.

Please search file names start with iscsi in c:\windows\system32 folder (search for iscsi*). Check the file verisons and compare with a working Windows 2008 server to find out the old files for example 5.2.3790.3825.

Move these files to another folder as a backup and copy the newer files from a working Windows 2008 server to same place. (some files may not exist in Windows 2008. If so you could simply ignore them)

Then go to Device Manager, uninstall ISCSI Initiator and reinstalled it using the "add legacy device".  Reboot to see the result.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

quinta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2012 09:24
    Moderador
  • IP Address and system name remains the same.
    quinta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2012 10:48
  • Thx for the info I'll check update
    quinta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2012 10:49
  • HI Shaon Shan,

Thanks for the info.

While searching for the file names start with iscsi in c:\windows\system32 folder the file version is 5.2.3790.3825 in working windows 2003  server.

Recently I've downloaded (Not yet installed) iSCSI initiator for Windows 2008 from Microsoft website in that iSCSI initiator file version shown as 6.3.4.1, instead of using inbuilt Microsoft iSCSI initiator in W2K8, shall I try installing the downloaded version,

because when I checked in Windows 2008 (Upgraded version) the iSCSI file version remains the same as 5.2.3790.3825 which was found in windows 2003.

------------------------------------

Post to our previous discussion

While I'm trying to install the new iSCSI initiator for Windows 2008 downloaded from Microsoft website, it shows some error "Setupcould not find the update.inf file needed to update your system" then I've updated my server, but no luck still showing the same....!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Editado Martinmurugan sexta-feira, 28 de dezembro de 2012 07:14
    quinta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2012 11:52
  • Post to our previous discussion

While I'm trying to install the new iSCSI initiator for Windows 2008 downloaded from Microsoft website, it shows some error "Setupcould not find the update.inf file needed to update your system" then I've updated my server, but no luck still showing the same....!!!!

sexta-feira, 28 de dezembro de 2012 07:15
  • Hi,

Then have you tried the steps in my previous post about manually replace the files with ones in a working Windows 2008 server?

domingo, 30 de dezembro de 2012 08:29
    Moderador
  • HI ,

In working Windows 2008 server I could find only iSCSIcli.exe and iSCSIcpl.exe, there is no iSCSIexe.exe, which one I need to replace with.

quinta-feira, 3 de janeiro de 2013 06:48
  • Hi,

I had the exact same problem, this resolved my issue. Thank you!!!!!
    sábado, 2 de fevereiro de 2013 16:09